Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Warehouse Deduplication

Level 1

I'm trying to match up a Data Warehouse report to an Adobe Analytics Workspace, but the values aren't matching. I'm using 5 dimensions and 1 metric. When I filter for the same Dimensions on both, the Data Warehouse reports back a much higher number (2x-5x). I'm assuming that the Data Warehouse data hasn't been deduplicated but the Workspace data has. Is this the case? Is there a way I can dedupe the data before pulling it? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are some basic difference between how Data Warehouse and Workspace data is processed. It depends on the metric/dimension which are used. Since, you cannot share the report here, the best way to troubleshoot would be to contact Customer Care.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are some basic difference between how Data Warehouse and Workspace data is processed. It depends on the metric/dimension which are used. Since, you cannot share the report here, the best way to troubleshoot would be to contact Customer Care.

Level 2

Yes @rabisaab , that is true that deduplication could be one reason

but other can also be processing time and data latency , any filters/segments used and attribution

Here are other few pointers that you should ensure

1.  Definition of Metric
  2. Segment Consistency
  3. Time Period Consistency
  4. Check for Bots and Internal Traffic

Run a simple comparison report in both Workspace and Data Warehouse using the same unique visitor metric without any additional dimensions. This helps isolate if the discrepancy is due to the metric calculation itself