Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data in Adobe Analytics workspace does not match the data in Power BI Connector

Level 1

Hi, 

I am connecting to Adobe Analytics using the connector in Power BI. I am bringing in following elements in Power BI just for one day - 1st Aug 2022.

1. Date Granularity

2. Visits

Then I created a table in Power BI as follows:

Day Visits
1 1234

To verify this single data point, I created a report in Adobe Analytics workspace expecting the total visits for this day to be exact same as what I am seeing in Power BI. Turns out the visits in Power BI are higher than I see in my workspace report.

Note: I have not used any segment in either of the reports making sure they are exactly same.

Can someone explain why this difference will be? Also has anyone fixed this issue where the data does not match within Power BI and Adobe Analytics workspace?

Regards,

Anuja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a few differences in reporting between Workspace and Reports & Analytics, which is comparable to report API 1.4--which is what Power BI is currently based on. Most of the differences are based on the 'real-time' and 'lookback' concepts Workspace is able to do (and R&A/API 1.4 are not).

I don't generally expect default visits by day to be different between the two UIs however. It might not hurt to try the request in Reports & Analytics as well. Does it match Workspace or Power BI? Are you using the new beta version of Power BI (last I checked 2.0 version of Power BI is still in Beta)? I think those are the considerations I would make at the moment.

If the difference persists, you may want to open a ticket with support for a deeper dive. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a few differences in reporting between Workspace and Reports & Analytics, which is comparable to report API 1.4--which is what Power BI is currently based on. Most of the differences are based on the 'real-time' and 'lookback' concepts Workspace is able to do (and R&A/API 1.4 are not).

I don't generally expect default visits by day to be different between the two UIs however. It might not hurt to try the request in Reports & Analytics as well. Does it match Workspace or Power BI? Are you using the new beta version of Power BI (last I checked 2.0 version of Power BI is still in Beta)? I think those are the considerations I would make at the moment.

If the difference persists, you may want to open a ticket with support for a deeper dive. 

Level 1

Thank you for the response @BrianTophamAdobe 

I am using 1.0 version of Power BI, the 2.0 is still in Beta. The visits in workspace and Reports are an exact match. But they are still higher than what I see in Power BI. 

I guess creating a support ticket is a way I can try.

Regards,

Anuja

Administrator

If you need help creating a ticked, @nilotpal posted the steps a few days ago. Pasting the info here:

You can raise a client care ticket through Admin Console provided you have Support Admin right in your Organization. 

This can be done by logging in to Admin Console, Go to Support and Create a Case.

sreilly02_0-1661285280401.png

Alternatively, you can ask the Support Admin in your Org to log a ticket on your behalf and add you as a watcher.

You can also call on Adobe Support phone number and request help: https://helpx.adobe.com/entp/enterprise-phone-numbers.html. 

Hope this is helpful. 

Level 2

I am currently having the same issue. The visitors in Power BI are higher than I see in my Adobe report. I tried this on a few different adobe reports we have and all of them are pretty far off. The visits numbers are pretty close between both Adobe Analytics and Power BI though. Were you able to find a solution for the ticket opened?

Employee

It is probably best to open a ticket with support with all the details. IE how to create the report in the UI, a copy of the power BI report, the API calls Power BI is making, etc. This sounds strange and will likely need to be looked into.