Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Dashboarding with custom graph settings across report suites

Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to create a dashboard with the following:

1. a customized reportlet showing a bubble chart instead of a bar graph,
  2. show the first 30 items sorted by a calculated metric,
  3. not show the calculated metric in the graph,
  4. be able to switch report suites in the dashboard while maintaining the reportlet settings. 

I know for a bubble chart Report & Analytics will use the first three metrics selected, 1st for X axis, 2nd for Y axis, and 3rd for Bubble Size. Once I have the chart the way I want to show it, I create the reportlet in one of my report suites and add it to the Dashboard. Here are the problems I'm facing when I switch report suites while viewing the Dashboard:

- The default setting is to always sort by the first metric when changing report suites. So I placed my weighted metric first and chose to not graph it, however when I change suites while in a dashboard the chart will now show it.

- If I move the weighted metric to the 4th column and sort by it, then whenever I switch report suites the dashboard will now sort by the first metric instead of the 4th.

Any ideas of what I can do here to keep the sorting settings when switching suites?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Just FYI - Engineering team at Adobe identified this as a bug so they are addressing, but there is no release date given. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Would using two (or more) separate reportlets of the same report do the trick for you?

Level 3

If I include a reportlet for each suite I'd get the same data, but I'd end up with a much larger dashboard as well.... Shouldn't I be able to leverage the report suite selection of Reports & Analytics? The data varies greatly by suite because each suite is a different brand.

Ideally I should be able to create the template dashboard with the custom reportlets and then just switch report suite to see data relevant to each brand, no?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Just FYI - Engineering team at Adobe identified this as a bug so they are addressing, but there is no release date given.