Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Create variabile source / medium

Level 1

Hi to all

I have a question, I'm working to migrate tracking from google analytics to adobe analytics and I setting marketing channel classification to maintein utm like google analytics; but to improve data reading i would like to create a variabile called "source / medium" when I merge two variable, how can i do it? with rule builder? any others idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@escounpo Implement an eVar or a prop which captures source and medium and use processing rules to contact both values as source/medium 

You can read about it here 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/processing-rules/processing-rule...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@escounpo Implement an eVar or a prop which captures source and medium and use processing rules to contact both values as source/medium 

You can read about it here 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/processing-rules/processing-rule...

Community Advisor

I second this... the easiest way is to combine the values using a processing rule.... 

However, IF you have the possibility that source or medium may not be provided along with the other one, you could also create more complex rules in Adobe Launch to compensate for that and fill with "none" if you so desire....

So:

If neither provided, leave empty

If Source AND Medium is provided = "source value / medium value"
If ONLY Source is provided = "source value / none"

If ONLY Medium is provided = "none / medium value"

Technically you can do this with processing rules, but it's a lot easier with Javascript or a concatenation extension.