Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Create segment from eVar values delimited by ":"

Level 5

Hi Team,

Is there a way to extract vegetables from v10 = "fruits:vegetables:gram" in the calculated metrics?

Note: before & after vegetables, we can have other values along with fruits & gram.

Please ignore below query.

I have an eVar to capture the multiples values delimited by ":" for insance v10 = "fruits:vegetables:grams".  I want to create a segment of fruits, vegetables, & grams and want to use as metrics.

Note: I have a classification rule builder on same v10.

v10 classified as:

Apple

Spinach

Dal

classification rule builder on v10:"fruits:vegetables:Grams"

On report

V10(Dimension)    Metrics

Apple                     Fruits

Spinach                 Vegetables

Dal                         Grams

My need is to create a segment on metrics to group fruits, vegetables as separate metric. Any help will be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can use classification of the evar to create segment. However, I do not understand how you will use them as metrics. Can you elaborate?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can use classification of the evar to create segment. However, I do not understand how you will use them as metrics. Can you elaborate?

Level 5

Definitely sounds like something that classification rule builder would work well for. I am also unsure about the "metrics" part. He should be able to use most metrics with the classifications, but "grams" won't be treated as a number.

Level 5

@brentrad @Khurshid_Alam 

v10 classified as:

Apple

Spinach

Dal

c

classification rule builder on v10:"fruits:vegetables:Grams"

On report

V10(Dimension)    Metrics

Apple                     Fruits

Spinach                 Vegetables

Dal                         Grams

My need is to create a segment on metrics to group fruits, vegetables as separate metric. Any help will be appreciated

Level 5

@Khurshid_Alam 

We can use segment as metrics if event breakdown by segments, & we can use in the calculated metrics, pls see below SS.

dinesh_b_kumar__0-1613459133011.png

Employee Advisor

The Classification Rule Builder and RegEx can easily classify the values as Fruits, Vegetables and Grams. Further, those dimensions can be used to create segments which can be pulled in a report as shown in your screenshot.

Level 5

@Ishan_Sinha_ Yes RegEx will work. Let me put question in another way.  Is there a way to extract fruits from v10 = "fruits:vegetables:gram" in the calculated metrics ?

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?