Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Converting between AAM UUID and ECID

Level 1

Hi,

I have an external dataset that I need to join to Analytics data in a warehouse. Unfortunately the external dataset is keyed by AAM UUID, whereas my data is keyed by the ECID/MID field, which is preventing me join these together.

How can I convert the UUID to a ECID?

The ID documentation from the AAM suggests that the ECID can be calculated from the UUID by combining with our organisation ID, but it doesn't provide the function to do this and I can't find this anywhere.

Is there a simple function or formula available to do this? (is it something like salting the UUID with the org ID and hashing again?)

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

From what I know, these IDs are built independently from each other, it's not possible to get one by hashing the other.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

From what I know, these IDs are built independently from each other, it's not possible to get one by hashing the other.

Level 1

Thanks for the answer Andrey!

If that's the case, then that's a shame, although I have seen a number of different pieces of Adobe documentation and 3rd party content that suggests that a ECID/MID can be consistently recalculated from the UUID and Organisation ID.

One example: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/reference/ids-in-aam.html?lang=e...

"Experience Cloud ID. The Experience Cloud ID (ECID, legacy abbreviations MID or MCID) is derived mathematically from your Organization ID and the Audience Manager Unique User ID. As long as these IDs remain constant, generating the right ECID for a specific user is simply a math problem. With the same Organization ID and Audience Manager UUID you get the same ECID value every time."

Second example:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-audience-manager-questions/onboarding-with-mi...

(Shows that you can onboard ECID based records into AAM, although this isn't an option for me at the moment)

I've seen a few more examples from both Adobe and 3rd party docs similar to the above.