Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Considering only one Engagement per Visit via Segmentaion

Level 2

Hi Everyone

Any suggestions on how can I build a metric where I want to keep engagement number as 1 if there are more than one engagements (video view, asset download, click to call etc) in a single visit. i.e. we want to consider only one engagement per visit event if there are more engagements?

For example: if a user comes to site and downloads an asset, views one video and click on the call button, it ideally makes 3 engagements but any solution (via segmentation/calculated metrics) if we can count it only as one engagement instead of 3 engagements

this is feasible via event serialization but that would need implementation change but at this time I would like to get it via segmentaion/calculated metrics.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kamal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Create a segment based on visit where one the engagement happened ( so lets say all possibilities separated by OR)

Create a calculated metric drop in the segment and inside the segment container put visit. As visit is only counted once it will give you the metric you want

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Create a segment based on visit where one the engagement happened ( so lets say all possibilities separated by OR)

Create a calculated metric drop in the segment and inside the segment container put visit. As visit is only counted once it will give you the metric you want