Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Compare visits with / without accessing one specific page

Level 1

How can we show the number of visits that at some point in their visit see the homepage?

And then compare it to the number of visits that do not touch the homepage?

Would it be correct to set up a segment for all visits with
include visit 'page equals' homepage vs include visit 'page does not equal' homepage? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

You make it an "exclude" segment by selecting the option highlighted below. (This is the only difference between your two segments.):

evolytics_brian_0-1633697669239.png

Once selected, the definition will display the following. Note that it now says "exclude" and the left border is red:

evolytics_brian_2-1633697751411.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

I would probably set up the following segments:

Segment 1: INCLUDE Visits where page = "homepage"

Segment 2: EXCLUDE Visits where page = "homepage"

The exclude segment is important. If you say "include where page does not equal 'homepage'" and the visit includes views of "homepage" and "anotherpage", the visit will be part of the segment because "anotherpage" does not equal "homepage". Confusing, right?

What you're wanting to do is exclude any visit where "homepage" is viewed.

Level 1

Thanks - that is what I was trying to do. 

How do I define a segment, that shows all visits that do not include the homepage as any page during the visit?

Correct answer by
Level 8

You make it an "exclude" segment by selecting the option highlighted below. (This is the only difference between your two segments.):

evolytics_brian_0-1633697669239.png

Once selected, the definition will display the following. Note that it now says "exclude" and the left border is red:

evolytics_brian_2-1633697751411.png