Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Clickmap Overlay not Functioning

Level 2

Many (possibly all) of our users are currently experiencing issues using the Clickmap PlugIn. The overlay/heatmap no longer appears on the website when it loads. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin at least 3 times and I've had no luck -- What are some possible reasons for this occuring? We have the most up-to-date version of the plug-in (2.3.24) and also the latest version of Mozilla Firefox (Ver 24.0)

Please advise

- Anthony

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

The latest version of the Clickmap plugin is 2.3.26. If the version installed is different from this, try clearing your browser cache and download the plug-in again. As an alternative trick, you can change the sc.omniture.com or sc2.omniture.com to sitecatalyst.omniture.com or sitecatalyst2.omniture.com respectively on the download page for the visitor click map plug-in, and that should circumvent any caching issues you might see.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Level 3

I saw in the release notes from yesterday a mention of ClickMap but my version is still not working on FF24.0 and causes IE11 to crash. Any help? We LOVE ClickMap and have not been able to use it properly in months. Thank you!

Level 3

Hello Annette,

The latest version that was released last night (version 2.3.26) was tested and confirmed working on all the latest versions of Firefox. I am running it right now on Firefox 26 without any problems. If you can confirm you have installed version 2.3.26 of Clickmap on Firefox and still experience problems loading the tool, then please open a ticket with Client Care ASAP so we can address the issue.

Thanks,

Eric

Level 3

I can confirm that Clickmap is not supported on IE11 at this time. Support for Firefox was our priority over IE due to our OS X user base.

Level 3

Thank you Eric. I'm still having problems, so will open a ticket. Does it not work on IE at all?

Level 3

Hello,

Users in our company are still reporting that ClickMap is not working properly, or not displaying data for a few links.

What is the status update on this?

Level 2

Will this feature be repaired? It barelly works in IE10.
It's much better in latest Firefox BUT still I mostly shows my data from 10 out of 30 elements if not less. And then the elements it chooses is random :(

The plugin by itself is really great to show easilly stuff to my boss but with this state it is in it's almoust worthless.

Level 1

I was able to install ClickMap with your instructions, however, none of my users are able to install ClickMap with the same method (cleaned out their cache and changing the domain as advised).

Is there any way the link on interface can be updated so that the most recent version of ClickMap installs? My users (marketers) may not be saavy enough to go through all this technical gymnastics to use the correct version.

Level 2

Hello,

We have the latest version of the Click Map installed, but aren't seeing the flags showing how many clicks per link using Firefox 28. We do see overlays, just not the auto-flags, nor does hovering over a link provide flags. Can you help?

Thanks,

Katie

Level 1

EricHansenPM wrote...

I can confirm that Clickmap is not supported on IE11 at this time. Support for Firefox was our priority over IE due to our OS X user base.

Hi Eric -

Saw that a new version of ClickMap was scheduled for release on Jan 16. Was this the fix for FF?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Visitor ClickMap (v 2.3.24) - the only version available in Reports & Analytics - and tried to use with FF 26.0 and could not get the overlays to work.

Is there another version I should use?

Correct answer by
Level 3

The latest version of the Clickmap plugin is 2.3.26. If the version installed is different from this, try clearing your browser cache and download the plug-in again. As an alternative trick, you can change the sc.omniture.com or sc2.omniture.com to sitecatalyst.omniture.com or sitecatalyst2.omniture.com respectively on the download page for the visitor click map plug-in, and that should circumvent any caching issues you might see.

Level 1

I am trying to install latest clickmap on Firefox 60.0.2. It says clickmap is not supported. I thought it should be backward compatible with Firefox versions. It does not work on IE 11 too ?? Did anyone successfully install and use it either on IE11 or FF60.0.2

Community Advisor

I have been working on several of the last versions, I am now on V61 on Mac OS. Is it windows based PC you are trying to install on?

Level 1

yes I am trying to install on windows based PC. Clickmap does not get installed. It says Clickmap is not supported( firefox 60.0.2) Anyone faced similar issue.?

Community Advisor

Make sure you have latest Firefox version for windows. If it is already then perhaps ensure when you install if possible you are logged in with Administrator privileges.

Good luck

Employee Advisor

Clickmap has been sunset in favor of Activity Map. I would recommend using that instead.