Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classifying keys that have special characters

Level 5

I am having trouble classifying keys for an s.eVar that contain special characters. For example, a key may look like this: Widget Makers, Inc. 

I've made sure that the classification template file uses "v:2.1" and not "v:2.0", as indicated in https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/classifications/faq.html, but still get a message that the classifications are not uploaded. I've tried placing quotation marks around the keys, but this also has had no effect. 

Any suggestions from the community?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

While saving the file with special character for classification in excel save it as "Unicode Text" instead of tab delimited and try uploading the file. It should work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

While saving the file with special character for classification in excel save it as "Unicode Text" instead of tab delimited and try uploading the file. It should work.

Level 10

brentrad, could you share an extract with the header and the row with the mentioned value?

Level 5

Unfortunately I cannot provide the actual key values, but "Widget Makers, Inc." is a made-up value that has a similar format (i.e. commas and periods) that is currently not working in the classification file uploads. Nothing has been altered in the first four header rows of the classification template, and v:2.1 was the default version value. Note that the values being used to classify the key do not contain any special characters.

Employee Advisor

Can you paste the screen shot of the message you are seeing? May be that could help identifying the issue.