Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification Importer FTP - Cant find variable (Data set) to be classified

Level 1

Hello.

I'm trying to create a new ftp account in the classification Importer > Import File > FTP Import;

I cant select the variable that I want to classify in the dropbox (Dataset to be classified);

Does anyone know why?

Thanks a lot; 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

you can't select it or it does not exist?  if it does not exist in the drop down you'd need to add the classification first before it becomes available as an option in the list.  go to admin > report suites > [pick your report suite] > edit settings > and go to the traffic or conversion variables and you should see a classification entry.  click that and run thru the set up for the variable you are trying to classify.  once done, return back to your issue and you should see it as an option.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Aren't you seeing the variable? It depends on the report suites selected. The variable should be enabled and its classification created in all the report suites selected. There is an additional factor too. Let's say you have enabled evar1 for classification in Report Suite A and B, however, you have named it as X in A and Y in B. It will just be showing up as X - and if you select that, it will classify evar1 in both A and B.

Hope that makes sense!

Correct answer by
Level 1

you can't select it or it does not exist?  if it does not exist in the drop down you'd need to add the classification first before it becomes available as an option in the list.  go to admin > report suites > [pick your report suite] > edit settings > and go to the traffic or conversion variables and you should see a classification entry.  click that and run thru the set up for the variable you are trying to classify.  once done, return back to your issue and you should see it as an option.

Level 1

@burnTheWitch Thanks for reply. im really cant see the option. Im already go to the conversion variable, and add some classifications. But still doenst appear for me. Any thougths?