Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can traffic be distinguished between feature phone and smart phone in Adobe Analytics?

Level 2

Hi there,

I have been asked to show the split of traffic to our company site between feature and smart phones.  Is this possible?  From what I have read, the mobile phone traffic from the mobile > device type report only represents smart phone traffic.  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Another method to get a ball park estimate is to filter out iOS, Android, and Windows operating systems.  These cover majority of the current smartphone market.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There is no demarcation between feature phones and smart phones in analytics. What you can do is that create a segment for mobile phone screen size below a certain value because feature phones usually have a lower screen size than smartphones. 

Also you could look into this article if this gives you an insight - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/visid_mobile.html

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

TM

Level 10

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Please allow us some time to investigate and we will get back to you on this.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 3

Another method to get a ball park estimate is to filter out iOS, Android, and Windows operating systems.  These cover majority of the current smartphone market.