Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Click through rate: Track rendering of element?

Level 5

Hi!

I'd like to measure the CTR of certain internal elements. Until now I know how they perform, I know how many clicks a banner, a link etc. gets, but I do not know the Click through rate, since the pure rendering is not being tracked. I hv some elements which are shown to only a limited user group and I'd like to track the rendering AND the clicks on it. 

Can I track the rendering of elements?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can track the rending of internal content elements within a dedicated Custom Traffic variable to track impressions and visits. Then you can combine the impressions content reported data with your already tracked click variable dimension to derive a CTR. The most important piece is to have a format and syntax system in place that allows you to connect the two separate variable reports against each other.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

You can track the rending of internal content elements within a dedicated Custom Traffic variable to track impressions and visits. Then you can combine the impressions content reported data with your already tracked click variable dimension to derive a CTR. The most important piece is to have a format and syntax system in place that allows you to connect the two separate variable reports against each other.

Best,

Brian