Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Click through rate: Track rendering of element?

Level 5

Hi!

I'd like to measure the CTR of certain internal elements. Until now I know how they perform, I know how many clicks a banner, a link etc. gets, but I do not know the Click through rate, since the pure rendering is not being tracked. I hv some elements which are shown to only a limited user group and I'd like to track the rendering AND the clicks on it. 

Can I track the rendering of elements?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can track the rending of internal content elements within a dedicated Custom Traffic variable to track impressions and visits. Then you can combine the impressions content reported data with your already tracked click variable dimension to derive a CTR. The most important piece is to have a format and syntax system in place that allows you to connect the two separate variable reports against each other.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

You can track the rending of internal content elements within a dedicated Custom Traffic variable to track impressions and visits. Then you can combine the impressions content reported data with your already tracked click variable dimension to derive a CTR. The most important piece is to have a format and syntax system in place that allows you to connect the two separate variable reports against each other.

Best,

Brian