Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Visit Number Metric - Ad-hoc Analysis

Level 1

Hello guys,

I've tried searching for another topic on the issue I'm having and couldn't find a satisfactory answer. I'd like to mention that I'm very new to the Adobe Marketing Cloud.

From what I can see in Ad-hoc and what I've read in the help section, this metric counts the number of visits of each user and breaks it down by the number of visits. This is great, but if I sum up the breakdown by the visit number, I get a number that is almost 3x the total unique visitors. My assumption is that it records each user at each step. Say I only have one visitor that has visited the website 200 times; the number of unique visitors is going to be 1 for Visit Number 1 to Visit Number 200. 

Question: Is there any way of only counting each unique visitor only at the maximum number of times he's visited, so that the sum of the breakdown number is 100% of the unique visitors? (In the above example, I'd have 0 unique visitors for Visit Number 1 to 199, and 1 unique visitor for Visit Number 200).

Regards,

Dragos

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hey Brian,

Thank you for the answer. I've manage to do a semi-manual workaround, and I don't know if this is what you meant, but I'm gonna say how to do it, just in case there's someone else with the same issue.

In Ad Hoc Analysis, I've used the Segment Builder to select the user segment I'm interested in, and added the Visit event. Afterwards, you can select Visit | equals | and go from 1 to the last, one at a time and clicking the refresh button each time. It takes a bit of manual work, but it gets the job done. You can of course make these into actual segments if your intent is beyond getting the numbers once.

Regards,

Dragos

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Dragos,

I am not aware of a way to do a max visit number to unique visitor count reconciliation outside of manual analysis of the raw Adobe Analytics clickstream files. There is not a way in Adobe Analytics since the stock visit number report is set on a per visit basis and is therefore incompatible with the unique visitor measure.

Best,

Brian

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hey Brian,

Thank you for the answer. I've manage to do a semi-manual workaround, and I don't know if this is what you meant, but I'm gonna say how to do it, just in case there's someone else with the same issue.

In Ad Hoc Analysis, I've used the Segment Builder to select the user segment I'm interested in, and added the Visit event. Afterwards, you can select Visit | equals | and go from 1 to the last, one at a time and clicking the refresh button each time. It takes a bit of manual work, but it gets the job done. You can of course make these into actual segments if your intent is beyond getting the numbers once.

Regards,

Dragos