Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can I put the country value in a var and/or prop?

Level 2

Hello -  

I'd like put the country value (Adobe Dimensions > Visitor Profile > Geosegmentation > Countries) in a prop and/or eVar so I can classify it into our custom geographic hierarchy.  I've tried doing this via processing rule, but Country is not available.  Is this something easy I can hand off to our DTM expert?  At first glance, it doesn't look easy to do there either.  I've explored the option of using segments and the new Analysis Workspace, but our end users don't have access to the Analysis Workspace (yet) and segments are awfully manual for this use case... but will be used as a last resort if nothing else is available.

Thanks, Kerri

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kerri,

Country data is calculated based on visitors IP address. I doubt you would be able to populate it into a variable. It might be possible via a VISTA rule though, but that would come at an additional cost. 

If you could achieve your goal with a segment, it would be fantastic. For using Analysis Workspace, the user needs to be an Admin.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 3

Kerri Adcock wrote...

Hello -  

I'd like put the country value (Adobe Dimensions > Visitor Profile > Geosegmentation > Countries) in a prop and/or eVar so I can classify it into our custom geographic hierarchy.  I've tried doing this via processing rule, but Country is not available.  Is this something easy I can hand off to our DTM expert?  At first glance, it doesn't look easy to do there either.  I've explored the option of using segments and the new Analysis Workspace, but our end users don't have access to the Analysis Workspace (yet) and segments are awfully manual for this use case... but will be used as a last resort if nothing else is available.

Thanks, Kerri

If you only wanted to just do international vs. US...

I think State is a option.  You could dump into the eVar and then could you do a classification to group them all to US.  Your none bucket would be international by default.  

Then again if you wanted actual country, this wouldn't work.  

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kerri,

Country data is calculated based on visitors IP address. I doubt you would be able to populate it into a variable. It might be possible via a VISTA rule though, but that would come at an additional cost. 

If you could achieve your goal with a segment, it would be fantastic. For using Analysis Workspace, the user needs to be an Admin.

Regards,

TM

Level 2

Thank you TM.  That confirms what we were thinking, but just wanted to make sure we were on the right track.  Can you give me more information about using a VISTA rule?  We have a current engagement with Adobe consultants for an Analytics Review and Refresh project.  If there are any hours left over at the end of that, is this something one of those consultants could help with?  Or are there specific consultants that help with VISTA rules?  Just trying to get all of the information in case I get asked additional questions.

Level 2

Thanks everyone!  I think I'm going to explore a VISTA rule a little further, and probably resort to segments.  

ecarpe15 - Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked into the state option, but we would need to do this World Wide.  Thanks!

Level 10

You could also head over to our documentation on VISTA rules here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/VISTA.html

Thanks!

TM

Level 6

before the geosegmentation made it into visitor profile there was a vista rule offering to put the geosegmentation into a prop or evar (we still have the rule running because of classifications). I think it was called the 'geo commerce' rule. it was documented. I am trying to find it in my archives but don't have it online anymore.

Employee Advisor

Hi Kerri,

The consultant can help you with the Vista Rules based on the hours left and the time it requires to create the Vista rules based on your requirement, but I would recommend to be in touch with your Account manager as He/She would be able to help you in a better manner in those scenarios.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma