Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can I detect browser extensions used by visitors?

Level 4

Let's say I want to serve personalized content to the visitors with a particular browser extension, how can I identify such visitors in AA to create a segment?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Vicky,

Adobe Analytics is not capturing the Extensions Details by default. If you can capture these details using JavaScript and store it in Custom Variable, you can definitely create the segments you need.

Check with your developer whether they can code to capture the Extensions Detail for an Browser, if can, everything can.

I saw the below links while surfing:

How to detect if a Chrome extension is installed - Twilio

Detecting Google Chrome Browser Extensions - Stack Overflow

Thank You

Arun

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Vicky,

Adobe Analytics is not capturing the Extensions Details by default. If you can capture these details using JavaScript and store it in Custom Variable, you can definitely create the segments you need.

Check with your developer whether they can code to capture the Extensions Detail for an Browser, if can, everything can.

I saw the below links while surfing:

How to detect if a Chrome extension is installed - Twilio

Detecting Google Chrome Browser Extensions - Stack Overflow

Thank You

Arun