Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Bounce rate

Level 4

Hi,

I have a question regarding bounce rate.

How can I build a bounce rate segment?

The definition about the metric bounces: A visit that consists of a single server call. For example, a single page visit is a bounce if a visitor does not interact with the page in a way that sends data to Adobe, such as clicking a link or a video start. If more than a single hit is received in a visit, a Bounce is not counted.

I Can not use bounces because a visit almost always consist more than a single server call even if you leave the site directly. I am not able to use the single access metric ether.

Thankful for all help.

Regards/

Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

Understand. If that is the case, we cannot get the Bounce Rate in Single Report or by Calculated Report.

1. Create a Segmentation with "Single Page Visits" = Exists.

2. Go to Report Builder, Apply the above segment, select Pages dimension with Page Views. This is bounces actually.

3. Create another Report Builder, without applying the segment, select Pages dimension with Entries.

Now divide, Page Views of first report by Entries of second with matching URLs.

This is the easiest way if you use Report Builder.

Someone might have different and quick option, if so, lets wait for their revert.

Thank You

Arun

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

Can you try "Single Page Visits"?

1497087_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know why Single page visits doesnt work in report builder?

If it would work in report builder.

could I use Single page visits/exits to calculate the bounce rate for URL?

Thank you

Erik

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

Do you want to create a Segment or Report using Report Builder?

I you want to understand Bounce Rate for URLs, create a calculated metric Bounces / Entries to take it.

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

Sorry for being unclear.

I have a problem to calculate bounce rate on the report URL because I cant´t use the metric bounces (because I always gets more than one hit on a entry).

Therefore, I need to calculate the bounce rate in another way.

I looked at single page vists/entries to calculate bounce rate för the report URL, but I cant´t use single page visits in report builder (only in Adobe Analytics).

Therefor, I wonder if I can build any segment that I can use on the report URL to calculate the bounce rate.

Or in some way use single page visits in report builder.

I hope it became a bit clearer now.

Thanks

Erik

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

For Bounce Rate for URLs, create a calculated metric Bounces / (Divided By) Entries to take it.

Single Page Visits is not available in Report Builder.

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

Thank you for your answer.

I can´t use the metric bounces.

Definition of a bounce: A visit that consist of a single server call.

For us, an entry gives more than one server call which leads to bounces being wrong.

Therefor I am trying to calculate bounces in another way.

Thank You

Erik

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

What do you meant by 'For us'? Are you firing multiple server calls in a Page Load?

Sorry, can you share the public URL of your website? Need to understand the statement from you.

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

Hello,

I mean for our website. Yes, multiple server calls are firing in a page load. Witch means that I cant use bounces.

www.ellos.se

Thank

Erik

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

Understand. If that is the case, we cannot get the Bounce Rate in Single Report or by Calculated Report.

1. Create a Segmentation with "Single Page Visits" = Exists.

2. Go to Report Builder, Apply the above segment, select Pages dimension with Page Views. This is bounces actually.

3. Create another Report Builder, without applying the segment, select Pages dimension with Entries.

Now divide, Page Views of first report by Entries of second with matching URLs.

This is the easiest way if you use Report Builder.

Someone might have different and quick option, if so, lets wait for their revert.

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

Hi,

I have a question about the difference in bounces and single page views.

For example, if I am looking at entries on the report URL and want to see the bounce rate.

For us the metric bounces cannot be used because on some pages is shoots more than 1 hit on a entry.

But say that we could use the bounces just to see how they differ.

If I make an entry on a listpage and I click on a product. Then the bounce will not count because it will give an extra hit because on the click.

But if I click on a product on the same page as I enters on and leave the site after that and not look at another page on the same litspage. Then the the single page view will count because I only look at 1 page (the same as I entered on) even though I clicked on a product.

Am I thinking right?

Thank you

Erik

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

You are right.

Thank You

Arun