Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Analytics & Adobe Target numbers of visits don't match

Level 2

Hi there,

I'm generating a report for an A/B test we have been running on our website. We have adobe target integrated with adobe analytics.The challenge is the number of visits don't add up when I was trying to get the results using two different approaches.

The test is on one of our main pages with three variations of a component. The experiences are only on this single page.

So I tried

Visits

Campaign Recipe

Experience A                      a

Experience B                      b

Visits

Page:xxx

Campaign Recipe

Experience A              c

Experience B              d

Different methodologies but essentially the numbers I want to get should be roughly aligned. For example,  "a" and "c" should be roughly the same.

In reality, a is significantly higher than c. I've been investigating the reasons but couldn't find any. Could you please help?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This may be as a result of how variable expiration works. While the second visit may be tied to a recipe it is not necessarily tied to the page that was not viewed within the second visit.

I would recommend reading this article – Viewing Reports - A4T FAQ

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This may be as a result of how variable expiration works. While the second visit may be tied to a recipe it is not necessarily tied to the page that was not viewed within the second visit.

I would recommend reading this article – Viewing Reports - A4T FAQ

Level 2

Thanks for the response Andrey. Really appreciate your answer.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. So you are saying if the analytics evars we have on the site has an 30-day expiration, a browser which had been cookies before may be counted as a new visit after 30 days?

So what approach would you suggest in this case if I want to get the number of visits that were exposed to one recipe (experience B in this case) who landed on a specific page?

Level 10

Let's consider the following scenario:

1. Visitor comes to Page:xxx and sees Experience A.

2. Next day he comes back to the site but does not view Page:xxx

My assumption is that in this case you will see the following:

Visits
Activity ABC
Experience A2

Visits
Page:xxx
Activity ABC
Experience A1