Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Processing Rules - Setting Counter eVars from Context Variables

Level 1

Hi there,

I want to increment a counter eVar by one each time i receive a context variable.

It seems logical i should be able to overwrite the value of the eVar with "+1" when I receive the context variable.

Would this increment a counter eVar or simply write the value as literally "+1"

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm *pretty* sure this works as expected (a "+1" in the processing rule value for a counter eVar results in the number being incremented). Do you have a dev report suite to confirm it? If not, I do and can let you know for certain.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I'm *pretty* sure this works as expected (a "+1" in the processing rule value for a counter eVar results in the number being incremented). Do you have a dev report suite to confirm it? If not, I do and can let you know for certain.

Level 1

Hi -

Sounds positive - I don't have access so if you could confirm that would be amazing.

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Based on my knowledge of how contextdata variables and evars work, this shouldn't be a problem. If it is, let us know and we can figure out an alternative.

Employee Advisor

Confirmed - I was able to set +1 and +2 in a processing rule for a Counter eVar and it worked as expected.