Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Analysis Workspace Visualization Data Source Settings "Lock Selection" Disabled

Level 5

My table has six columns but I only want two of them in the visualization, but when I bring up Data Source Settings the "Lock Selection" checkbox is grayed out?

1838019_pastedImage_1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Rather than selecting the metric, select the sparkline immediately below it.  After taking that action the option to lock selection should return.

Similar to most platforms you may select non consecutive items by using the ctrl key.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Rather than selecting the metric, select the sparkline immediately below it.  After taking that action the option to lock selection should return.

Similar to most platforms you may select non consecutive items by using the ctrl key.

Level 1
didn't understood your answer. Can you expalin again, i m facing the same issue

Level 5

Thanks for the tip. That works!

I can now check the box and chose "Selected Positions" from the list. "Selected Items" is still grayed out. What is that for?

Ali

Level 5

Lets say you had a list of pages in your rows.  And you wanted to always viz values for the home page.  If you chose 'selected items' it would always render a viz based on that value of the dimension. 

If you selected position in that circumstance it would always return the value in that position (say third row), regardless of if the variable value in that position changes over time.