Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Alerts - "OOTB" calculated metrics not available

Level 3

At some point in the past, it became possible to create alerts that are based on calculated metrics.  However, I've noticed that the out-of-the-box calculated metrics that Adobe provides (e.g., Revenue / Visits, Conversion Rate, Page Views / Visits) are not available for inclusion in an alert.  Naturally, it's easy enough to create our own custom metric that mimics the OOTB Adobe metric, but I believe these OOTB metrics were provided so that customers wouldn't need to create their own.  Anyone know why Adobe OOTB calculated metrics cannot be included within alerts?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@iamjasona Calculated metrics are not supported in experience cloud triggers, however you can apply some conditions using "and" ,"or", "then" in containers, while you are creating a trigger.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@iamjasona Calculated metrics are not supported in experience cloud triggers, however you can apply some conditions using "and" ,"or", "then" in containers, while you are creating a trigger.

Level 3

I don't think this is correct.  I have many alerts in place that are based on calculated metrics. The issue I have, however, is the Adobe-provided calculated metrics do not show as available options (i.e., only custom calculated metrics are available for selection). 

Given that alerts now supports calculated metrics, it would be nice if the Adobe-provided calculated metrics (e.g. Revenue / Visits, Conversion Rate, etc.) could be selected.  Being unable to do this, I'll need to create my own versions of these "standard" calculated metrics, which creates unnecessary duplication.