Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Login Page Submission Success/Unsuccess Event Tracking with Login ID Tracking

Level 3

Hi, 

I'm configuring with direct rule for both the success/unsuccess event capture on the login button with _satellite.track(logged) & _satellite.track(notlogged). Also, capturing along with username value from text field. 

Login button on the Page A (Placed _satellite.track(logged) & _satellite.track(notlogged) - Login page different domain ) -> there is one redirection in middle its sign process -> then it reaches to page B (main site  ). We need to track the event from Page A.

Config: Event : Direct Call  & Action: Adobe Analytics : Evar3(data element with custom code just to fetch the username value from the website) & Event3 mapped and selected.

Problem: I'm able to see till the direct call connection and username value by giving alert but s.tl call is not happening. I'm not able to see the OTHER CLICK call in the debugger tool. Navigation is happening from one domain to other domain. In between, call is not happening. Event /Value is not capturing and storing it to the respective Evar & Event.

What could be the reason team ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think the issue is you are using a success event at page A to determine login or not logged in.

Then when user navigates to domain 2 page B the event is not there as it was in previous beacon. I think could you use a session based evar to in essence copy event and say evar successfully logged in vs evar unsuccessfully logged in. Then as long as both domains have the same analytics code the evar should follow users across this journey and beyond(as long as session is the same)

One other thing to watch out for are you using a SPA single page app? If yes be careful  as route changes don't always then fire new analytics beacons, so may then not fire a s.tl as you expected if its not coded specifically.

good luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think the issue is you are using a success event at page A to determine login or not logged in.

Then when user navigates to domain 2 page B the event is not there as it was in previous beacon. I think could you use a session based evar to in essence copy event and say evar successfully logged in vs evar unsuccessfully logged in. Then as long as both domains have the same analytics code the evar should follow users across this journey and beyond(as long as session is the same)

One other thing to watch out for are you using a SPA single page app? If yes be careful  as route changes don't always then fire new analytics beacons, so may then not fire a s.tl as you expected if its not coded specifically.

good luck