Thanks for your reply, yuhuisg. One clarification: given that the beacon
represents a network transmission from the client to Adobe's servers,
complete with a HTTP response code, isn't the order of these
representative of which is received by Adobe servers first?
Probably a bad question, but here goes. Suppose I have a web page that
fires two beacons in very close time proximity - within the same second,
let's suppose. Is the order of processing on the Adobe Analytics side
guaranteed (in terms of hit number)? We have a situation on a website
where our Adobe Target developers are doing something that is causing
two Adobe Analytics beacons to trigger on the entry of the visit. At the
same time this Adobe Target change was implemented, we're seeing a
Getting complaints lately from several others that we support. I feel
like maybe there's something with the latest Chrome, including when I
run Incognito. Lately, I get much better responsiveness out of Firefox,
which is a bit of a surprise. Maybe all that privacy blocking in Firefox
is coming in handy after all! 🙂
In the Average Daily metrics I've seen (e.g., Average Daily Visits,
Average Daily Revenue), there is a technique that utilizes the
Approximate Count Distinct function to calculate the number of days over
a time dimension of your choosing. It works pretty well...except, every
once in a while, it comes back missing a day. Below is an example using
this function broken down by week. Across all reporting suites we
support, the week of July 12, 2020 shows about 6 days instead of 7. Same
It's not perfect, however. Every now and then, it comes up with the
wrong number of days. If you're looking at a weekly aggregation of data
using such a metric, this missing day can certainly skew things.
Trying to get a new person setup with the Adobe Experience Cloud
Debugger plugin, but the Google Chrome Webstore URL seems to be 404ing.
This happening for anyone else?
Google "Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger" and click first link) Google
problem? Adobe problem? I suck at the internet?
Agreed - there is something definitely wrong with calculated metrics
when viewed in the Reports area. I think it might be that the value is
simply off by a factor of 100. I have a simple "Conversion Rate"
calculated metric (it might even be the OOTB metric) that is Orders
divided by Visits. For a simple scenario, I have 1 order and 4
visits...and in reports, the "Conversion Rate" shows as 0.25%. Same data
in Workspace and the Conversion Rate shows (correctly) as 25%.I believe
this issue started ...
Installation was easy enough in Launch, but I did not see the download
of any associated resources in my network monitor when browsing the site
after installation. Incidentally, I ran into the same behavior when
using Google Global Site Tag (gtag) provided by Acronym, as well.I was
able to get the "Google gtag" extension provided by Adobe working (I
can't find the extension page to link here). Upon installation, I see
network requests to download the gtag.js from googletagmanager and the
I think I figured out what's going on. In order to exclude a date range,
you must explicitly include a date range. Not sure if that's a bug or a
feature....In my example above, amending the segment to include
something like "This Year" and excluding "Yesterday" does the trick. In
my practical application, it means I have to create a date range that
spans "all time", which I can use whenever I want to exclude specific
So, I'm trying to build a segment that, in part, excludes certain date
ranges. It's not really working out and, after troubleshooting a bit, I
think the problem is simply that we can't build a segment that excludes
a date range. This is really problematic since a common use case for
segments is to filter out problematic data; sometimes, this can be
date-bound.I've created a very simple scenario to illustrate:Pull up Key
Metrics report with no segments applied to view Page Views, Visits, and
Thanks for the reply!Unfortunately, locking the items in the chart
didn't cause any different behavior. Trying in a different browser also
did not resolve the issue.I did find a workaround for this, however. In
the visualization, if you choose "Show Data Source", it opens an
entirely different data table than the one that was used to build the
visualization initially. Not surprisingly, it is using a Day dimension.
Changing this data table to use a Week dimension brings the associated
In the recent past, I've successfully setup a few visualizations (line
graphs) in Workspace with a weekly aggregation, but I'm struggling to
get this to work now (while the data source is aggregated weekly, the
visualization refuses to be anything other than daily). To do so, I
created a simple free-form table with the "Week" dimension and then
chosen whatever metric I'm interested in (e.g., Visits, Conversion,
etc.). From there, I create the visualization (right-click in the data
table and choo...