Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

After implementing DTM, some metrics seem too high

Level 2

After implementing DTM on a web site, the numbers for weekly visits and weekly unique visitors seems about 2x what they should be. ie. in comparison to pre-DTM and also what would make sense based on our number of users.  Any ideas why this would happen and how to prevent it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Mike, 

Have you removed the older appmeasurement code from the page after implementing analytics through DTM? It may be your page is sending 2 image requests for every hit. If that's not the case, I would request you to raise a ticket with the ClientCare and have them look at your implementation. 

I hope that helps.

Tanmay 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Mike, 

Have you removed the older appmeasurement code from the page after implementing analytics through DTM? It may be your page is sending 2 image requests for every hit. If that's not the case, I would request you to raise a ticket with the ClientCare and have them look at your implementation. 

I hope that helps.

Tanmay