Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Advertising Analytics Dimensions and Metrics

Level 2

Hello,

Is it possible to do a breakdown of AMO dimensions by other segements or dimensions already present on adobe? Ex. by entry page? 

Could you confirm that it's possible add other metrics to those provided by the implementation (imps, clicks and cost)?

Thanks

Nicoletta

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sounds like you're correct. Of course, the best way to verify would be to actually perform that breakdown in Analysis Workspace.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

You might be able to do so with some dimensions and metrics, but not with all. This has to do with how AMO's data is imported into Analytics. Unfortunately, if you find some combinations that don't work, then there's not much else that you can do about it.

Level 2

Thanks @yuhuisg. What do yo mean by it depends by "how AMO's data is imported into Analytics"? and how can I know dimensions and metrics that can work or not? Can I associate revenues to a specific keyword? 

Thanks

Nicoletta

Community Advisor

Firstly, I should have said that I haven't used AMO+Analytics very much. So this is from my very brief experience with it.

One huge stumbling block: AMO doesn't work with Analytics' Virtual Report Suites. While AMO's dimensions and metrics could still be seen in Analysis Workspace, using them in a dashboard that was based off a VRS would just not show any data.

I recall that I also experienced some issues when breaking down AMO's data by Analytics' eVars/props/events, e.g. no results returned or weird/anomalous results.

So my general impression of AMO+Analytics was that it was integrated at a high level, aggregated level.

Level 2

Thanks @yuhuisg , in the Adobe Analytics guide I found this 

"..the AMO dimensions can be used to break down both the AMO metrics provided by this integration as well as any data captured downstream by the visitor (visits, visitors, page views, bounce rate, orders, revenue, custom events, etc). They can also be broken down by other dimensions when reporting on other onsite metrics" 

This sentence means that I can associate revenue and carts to a keyword for example..Am I wrong?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sounds like you're correct. Of course, the best way to verify would be to actually perform that breakdown in Analysis Workspace.