Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe Visitor ID in a default java variable?

Level 1

Hi,

This is really bugging me as I'm sure recently somebody showed me a java variable and asked me to confirm the value it was returning was the adobe Visitor ID which it was and now I can't find it.

I'm well aware about to read the value in my rules and even retrieve using this function : Visitor.getInstance("orgid")._fields.MCMID but is anyone aware of a default JAVA variable the visitor ID can be read from by a 3rd party?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to use the following method to get the Experience Cloud ID

_satellite.getVisitorId().getMarketingCloudVisitorID();

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to use the following method to get the Experience Cloud ID

_satellite.getVisitorId().getMarketingCloudVisitorID();

Level 1
Thanks for the suggestion Andrey, unfortuently for reasons I'm challenging I'm told by the 3rd party they can't read data returned from a function and that's why they asked me to add it to a variable. I was just wondering if there's one set by default before I set one.

Level 10
I would set a new variable then. I'm curious to know why the 3rd party can read a JS variable but can't fire a JS method.