Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

[Adobe Launch] Do I need unique Direct Calls per digitalData.event push that I want to track?

Level 4

Hi,

Our Adobe Analytics page tracking is done based on a direct call that occurs [Direct call = adobeDirect]. This leads to a digitalData JS object that contains page level sProps. The implementation is being managed from Adobe Launch.

For other events that I want to track such as Clicks on Page Menus, Form Submissions, can I manage this by having a single Direct Call for both these type of events and using digitalData.event object to populate the values based on interaction?

Right now, I have a common direct call called adobeDirectEvent. Do I need to separate this out ?

OR in my rules, I need to add conditions to the Direct Call?

Example:

Direct Call = adobeDirectEvent

AND

%Page Menu% matches Regex .*

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Adilk,

There really isn't a right or wrong way to do this.  Personally I would have a unique rule per direct call event.  Mostly for organization purposes to make sure that when this event happens i can quickly see exactly what launch will do.  But, you can combine in a single rule, but it just gets more complicated.  There isn't necessarily a right or wrong answer just whichever way you would prefer to do it. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Adilk,

There really isn't a right or wrong way to do this.  Personally I would have a unique rule per direct call event.  Mostly for organization purposes to make sure that when this event happens i can quickly see exactly what launch will do.  But, you can combine in a single rule, but it just gets more complicated.  There isn't necessarily a right or wrong answer just whichever way you would prefer to do it.