Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic Triggers / Analytics product profile

Level 9

I am cross-posting this in the remote chance that someone from Analytics knows the answer to this question.

Adobe Campaign Triggers implementation uses Adobe I/O to create the JWT authentication between Analytics and Campaign : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/integrating-with-adobe-experience-clo...

Step 9 in the instructions selects an Analytics Product Profile that has been configured specifically for Triggers: "Choose the product profile called Analytics-< Org Name >"

However, nobody in Adobe Support or Consulting knows how this Product Profile is configured or what permissions this profile requires for Triggers to function.

Does anyone here know what permissions, etc would be required in this profile?

Thanks
Darren

Original post: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/configuring-adobe-...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Darren,

I assume the product profile should have the triggers enabled as shown in the screenshot below. To do this, open the Analytics product profile in Admin Console, click on Settings (under the profile name) and switch to Services.

Andrey_Osadchuk_0-1613723801752.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Darren,

I assume the product profile should have the triggers enabled as shown in the screenshot below. To do this, open the Analytics product profile in Admin Console, click on Settings (under the profile name) and switch to Services.

Andrey_Osadchuk_0-1613723801752.png

Level 9

Hi Andrey

Thanks for this - I believe this is part of the setup documentation that is missing. I think I have found this option and also linked the API credentials within the Analytics Profile, but there is also a lot of permissions within the Product Profile that need to be set up.

Darren_Bowers_0-1614035575615.png

I am assuming that the Triggers API should not be given ALL permissions to the Analytics instance, but I am unsure what permissions we should be giving it as there is no documentation.

The legacy Analytics API oAuth connectors have "everything" access I believe, so its possible Adobe just grant full access to everything using the Product Profile.

Just unsure if the hacky shotgun approach is the best approach?

Cheers

Darren