Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics | Metrics not getting recorded

Level 2

I am trying to implement analytics on my angular SPA page and did the following steps.

1. Embedded appmeasurement.js on page load

2. Created report suit

2. Initialiated js with s_account and  trackingServer values within appmeasurement.js

3. called s.t(); method on page

4. Created a project in the workspace with page views metric.

But nothing got recorded in my project metrics. I am not sure how my SPA will identify the project I created in Adobe Analytics. Is it just s_account (the reportsuitID ) and the tracking server which maps to it?

Please guide.

Thanks,

Vaibhav Tiwari

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Checking for "appMeasurement.js" is the smallest part of testing.. all you are doing here is seeing if the JS file is loaded on your site... you aren't checking any of the actual tracking.

While you can test with your network panel (filter for "b/ss") if you aren't familiar with Adobe this isn't the best way...

Please install the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adobe-experience-platform/bfnnokhpnncpkdmbokanobigaccjkpob

Make sure you look at the Analytics Panel specifically... this will show you what data you are sending, to where, and what dimensions and metrics are being set... If you log into the extension with your Adobe Account, the dimensions and props will show the configured names from your suite (making it easier to read... instead of just "eVar1" it will show "eVar1 - eVar Name"...

You can even turn on "Show post-processed data" and see how the data ultimately resolves in the tracking server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

So you are using the old JS method of tracking instead of using Adobe Launch?

Did you test that the tracking calls were actually sent using Network Panel or the Adobe Cloud Debugger?

If this is a new implementation, how long did you wait before checking the values? It will take about an hour for data to appear in the backend.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for looking into this.

I just see Appmeasurement.js in the network. I strongly feel I am missing some steps in my configuration

following steps I have taken 

2. Created report suit

3. Initiated js with s_account and  trackingServer values and  called s.t(); method on page

4. Created a project in workspace with page views metric.

But nothing got recorded in my project metrics.

I am not sure how my SPA will identify the project I created in Adobe Analytics. Is it just s_account (the reportsuitID ) and the tracking server which maps to it?

Thanks,

Vaibhav Tiwari

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Checking for "appMeasurement.js" is the smallest part of testing.. all you are doing here is seeing if the JS file is loaded on your site... you aren't checking any of the actual tracking.

While you can test with your network panel (filter for "b/ss") if you aren't familiar with Adobe this isn't the best way...

Please install the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adobe-experience-platform/bfnnokhpnncpkdmbokanobigaccjkpob

Make sure you look at the Analytics Panel specifically... this will show you what data you are sending, to where, and what dimensions and metrics are being set... If you log into the extension with your Adobe Account, the dimensions and props will show the configured names from your suite (making it easier to read... instead of just "eVar1" it will show "eVar1 - eVar Name"...

You can even turn on "Show post-processed data" and see how the data ultimately resolves in the tracking server.

Community Advisor

Also, is there a reason you are doing it this old school way? It seems like you are making things much harder on yourself than it needs to be... 

Using the old JS method should only be done in rare situations... you really should be using Adobe Launch / Data Collection (tag manager) unless there is a super compelling reason not to....

Level 2

Hey @vaibhavtiwari260 , 
Did you try debugging for the values in the SPA site/page through Debugger or checked for the network calls fired in the console along with the framed rules as you expected?

(Or)

If you are trying to fetch the data in the Adobe Analytics workspace dashboard it would usually take an hour or two for the data to reflect in the project workspace.

Level 2

Thanks for looking into this.

I just see Appmeasurement.js in the network. I strongly feel I am missing some steps in my configuration

following steps I have taken 

2. Created report suit

3. Initiated js with s_account and  trackingServer values and  called s.t(); method on page

4. Created a project in workspace with page views metric.

But nothing got recorded in my project metrics.

I am not sure how my SPA will identify the project I created in Adobe Analytics. Is it just s_account (the reportsuitID ) and the tracking server which maps to it?