Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is adobe analytics is case sensitive

Level 3

Suppose there is two value for evar132, some value coming is websdk and other is in WEBSDK. So, value in report will be considered two different entries in reports or it will be only one value. 

bindukumari90_0-1719421015706.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @bindukumari90 ,

In Adobe Analytics, eVars are case-sensitive, so 'websdk' and 'WEBSDK' will appear as two separate entries in your reports. If you'd prefer to combine them into a single entry, you could create a processing rule in Adobe Analytics to convert everything to lowercase before processing. Alternatively, you could change how you collect the data so that it is always in lowercase from the start, keeping your reports neat and consistent.
I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @bindukumari90 ,

In Adobe Analytics, eVars are case-sensitive, so 'websdk' and 'WEBSDK' will appear as two separate entries in your reports. If you'd prefer to combine them into a single entry, you could create a processing rule in Adobe Analytics to convert everything to lowercase before processing. Alternatively, you could change how you collect the data so that it is always in lowercase from the start, keeping your reports neat and consistent.
I hope this helps!

Community Advisor

Yes, by adapting to lowercase, your reports will be consistent and not messy like with upper and lower case.

Level 9

Additionally to @Bhoomika_S is saying, if you are using Adobe Tags (former Launch), you can set your data element to return a lowercased value.

bjoern__koth_0-1719424620277.png

Community Advisor

Yes, using "Force Lowercase Value" is a great feature to get used to... while there are some exceptions where I may want to keep the value as-is (certain GUIDs for instance), I always use this... I almost wish I could have it turned on by default, then remove it for the edge cases....

Employee

eVars are not case sensitive. The upper or lower case used in reporting is based on the first value the backend system registers. This value could either be the first instance ever seen or vary by some time period (e.g., monthly), depending on the variety and quantity of data associated with the report suite.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/manage-report-suites/edit-rep...

Community Advisor

They used to be case sensitive... But I think you are right @fhusain, now the system registers the first variation used, and then maps all different cases to that registered version... 

I noticed that change years ago... I still prefer to stick with Force Lowercase (one, to be safe, and two just to make sure the data looks clean and consistent)

Employee

Yes @Jennifer_Dungan, The eVars are now case-insensitive. So, if we have two values ABC and abc, it depends upon which values are registered at the backend. If abc is the first registered value, then ABC will be clubbed under the same. So, these will be counted as one value.