Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data Mismatch between Workspace and Report Builder

Level 1
Level 1

Why there is minor data mismatch between Workspace and Report builder report.  (used same segment and metrics).

Is it because of API version? Just wanted to confirm.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@V1W Adding to @Pablo_Childe It would be because of difference in API versions in workspace and report builder 

Workspace uses API 2.0 is new and upgraded version of API 1.4.where as Report Builder and Report & Analytics reporting built on 1.4 version.

Here is the document link for more details on API 1.4 and 2.0

analytics-2.0-apis/migration-guide.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis · GitHub

Hence, it is expected to have a minor difference between workspace and report builder 

You can read about it here 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/report-builder-vs-workspa...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Did this data pull occur where data in same day could have been changed from the initial times each report was pulled? IE if one pulls data for present day 9am Workspace then an hour later you pull it from the other data Warehouse?

Level 1
Level 1

It is a historical data pull. (example - have pulled last month data (July data) on mid of August) 

Community Advisor

Then it could be how each has  2 sources. which kpi is difference in?

PV , UV or visits?

Community Advisor

ok one area that workspace can cause such a variance is in its attribution assignment of data

In settings on workspace. look for Attribution IQ to modify the allocation to "Last Touch" (or Linear which I think may work in your case). Play around and see if you then can get the data to match between the two.

GLTU

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@V1W Adding to @Pablo_Childe It would be because of difference in API versions in workspace and report builder 

Workspace uses API 2.0 is new and upgraded version of API 1.4.where as Report Builder and Report & Analytics reporting built on 1.4 version.

Here is the document link for more details on API 1.4 and 2.0

analytics-2.0-apis/migration-guide.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-2.0-apis · GitHub

Hence, it is expected to have a minor difference between workspace and report builder 

You can read about it here 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/report-builder-vs-workspa...

Level 1

I'm running into the same issue. Does anyone have tips to modify the segment to avoid the differences? I see this "evar does not exist" trick, but my segment is that an event exists and is greater than 0.