Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does Adobe SDK get turned off in low power mode for iOS and Android devices

Level 2

Qq, does the Adobe SDK get turned off automatically in low power mode for iOS and Android devices?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not sure... and I don't know if its documented anywhere... 

If I were to guess... I would expect this would be up to your own developers / implementation whether or not to disable it?

You might have to contact Client Care on this one to get a proper answer.

Level 9

To be honest, I would not see a reason why. A handful requests should not make a big difference battery-wise.

But yeah, please do check with the support and post the response here!

Level 2

Here is the response i got from Adobe Support:

If the app hosting Adobe SDKs is still functioning in low power mode on a device that tracking will continue to occur also, yes.

Low Power Mode automatically adjusts settings to use less power and extend battery life often impacting the following features:

1. Display: Lowers screen brightness and display refresh rate

2. Animations: Minimizes animations

3. Background apps: Prevents apps from using data in the background and reduces background app refresh

4. Other features: Pauses iCloud Photos sync, suspends automatic downloads, and pauses email fetch

In the event no connection is present, Adobe SDKs cache hits on the device itself until a network connection is reestablished at which time hits are forwarded to Adobe servers

Level 9

Thanks for sharing, more or less as expected. As long as the app is functioning, the SDK will continue as well