Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adding multiple dimensions in report builder

Level 3

Is there any limitations on the number of dimensions one can add in report builder?  I'm trying to create one and it doesn't appear to be working.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Robert,

There is no limitation on the number of dimensions per se. The Report Builder system displays dimensions that correlate, subrelate, or are a classification of any base report you select on Step 1, and on the configuration of the report suite, so you may not see all the dimensions available. Also, there are access permissions for using dimensions and metrics which are described here -https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/arb/permissions_metrics_dimensions.html

Let me know if your issue still persists.

TM

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Robert,

There is no limitation on the number of dimensions per se. The Report Builder system displays dimensions that correlate, subrelate, or are a classification of any base report you select on Step 1, and on the configuration of the report suite, so you may not see all the dimensions available. Also, there are access permissions for using dimensions and metrics which are described here -https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/arb/permissions_metrics_dimensions.html

Let me know if your issue still persists.

TM

Level 2

Thanks Tanmay, But in step 1, I am only able to add 1 dimension. If I select other dimension, the first selected goes away and 2 selected comes in . Could you please guide me what I am doing wrong?

Level 1

Hi

I am creating new RB query, however not able to add more then 3 dimension (eVar), is this the report builder limitation or this has something to do with my analytics access ?

Level 3

I have the same problem. I cannot add more than 2 dimensions. I don't have any permission limitation. What do I do wrong?