Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

How do I integrate adobe analytics using javascript?

Level 2

I am new to adobe analytics, trying to integrate adobe analytics on my angular1.6 web app using javascript from past 3 days. I had followed the steps from adobe analytics implementation documentation using javascript Implementing Analytics Using JavaScript

Added adobe marketing cloud debugger on chrome and I am able to see the requests, but couldn't able to see anything on my AEM dashboard (page views, visits, ect). I am running the application form localhost. Can anyone help me to resolve this?

21 Replies

Level 2

Guys! any update on this??  May be video links (or) sample codes for implementation using javascript will be helpful, thanks in advance!!

Level 2

Sorry for the basic question, worth asking :
Did you check that your configuration is not excluding the hit from your ip address ?

Level 2

Not sure about this. Could you please tell me how to do/check this?? I don't have admin privilege on omniture dashboard but can view the reports like page views, pages ect.

For implementation the admin(client) had shared the AppMeasurement.zip file in which I updated the parameters like RSID,SERVER,MCORG ect.

Reference  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/js_implementation.html

Community Advisor

Coding you need to read the Angularitics for its implementation.

The direct call rules are done in DTM

To check your work use Network tab and look at fired beacons to review your output.

This is not a 5 min and voila you are done. It will take a fair bit of Dev work and testing. You need to be able to work closely with Adobe Admin.

Level 2

julienp80647070​ I have checked the configuration, and there is no exclusion of IP.  Still not able to see the reports on my omniture dashboard.  Do I need to mention/add the host(localhost) somewhere in the omniture dashboard?

My tracking server is j********n.sc.omtrdc.net  and I am hitting from localhost is that a problem??

Community Advisor

For angular 1.x apps I recommend.

Angulartics | Web analytics for AngularJS applications

Also fire Direct call rules where needed.

Level 2

Thanks Pabloc. Will try this, but without MCORG-ID, RSID, Tracking server how it will send data/request to adobe analytics? because there is no option to include these parameters in the source code.

Community Advisor

RSID can be found by looking at console output of any page presently using the same code. MCORG-ID not sure what you mean...

Were you not provided with:

Header and footer codes?

Level 2

Hi Pabloc,

There are two ways of implementations 1.DTM and 2.Javascript. I believe Header, Footer codes and DTM are required when we implement analytics using DTM. In my case its Javascript implementation  https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/js_implementation.html

I had included the path for AppMeasurement and VisitorAPI in my index.html

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="assets/src/VisitorAPI.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="assets/src/AppMeasurement.js"></script>

Then added the Example page code (https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/appmeasure_mjs_pagecode.html) in the pages that I need to track

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

s.pageName=“s.landingpage”

s.server="window.location.hostname"

s.channel="Discover"

s.pageType=""

s.prop1=""

s.prop2=""

s.prop3=""

s.prop4=""

s.prop5=""

/* Conversion Variables */

s.campaign=""

s.state=""

s.zip=""

s.events="event1"

s.products=""

s.purchaseID=""

s.eVar1=""

s.eVar2=""

s.eVar3=""

s.eVar4=""

s.eVar5=""

var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)

</script>

Level 3

The adobe Administrator for your company should provide the specific library settings for you.

There are two primary functions that will send data to Adobe:

s.t()

s.tl()

You may fire those depending on the situation, see these topics in the documentation:

The s.t() Function - Page Tracking

The s.tl() Function - Link Tracking

Level 2

@btripple  I think these events [ s.t(); ] are fired since I have this line [ var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code) ] in my code. I had added adobe debugger for chrome which will show the request (image attached). There is something in my browser console as well (image attached).

adobe debugger.png

console.png

Level 2

Hello Adobe community,

Can someone help me to resolve this, implementing adobe analytics using javascript?

Does it requires any further configuration on my omniture dashboard to view reports? Also do we need to add any DTM or web property or any tool/rule on the omniture dashboard if we are using javascript implementation??

Community Advisor

What reports in Adobe  Analytics are you trying to view?

If you capture a list of variables, then if they are standard they will appear in the various menus and sub menus(Traffic Reports > Pages > Pages, is for Pagename as an example). If they are custom you may need to have some of the menu setting adjusted to allow you to view them.

Implementing Analytics Using JavaScript

Go over this get a idea on how to implement the basics. I think you also may have to look at what is called your data layer.

Data Layer

The work I with angular I was involved with we used the angular frame work to inject our header and footer when need as well as used direct call rules. This was very efficient and saved alot of the headaches you seem to be having.

Good luck

Level 3

@selvasajin

Based on your screenshot, I'd say your code is working fine, you might have the wrong report suite configured, you should confirm you have that correctly set.

Level 2

btripple thankyou. Even I have the same doubt, there is a report suite for the mobile app on the omniture dashboard which has been created by the client. Do I need to create one for the website? or can I use the same.

Level 3

selvasajin​  - I don't think that matters but some choose to separate web from app.  I would ask them to verify they provided the right report suite ID.  Ask for a screenshot of the ID within the interface, better yet gain admin access to confirm yourself.

Employee Advisor

Report suite ID's are in essence data silos - you're not going to see any data if the selected report suite in Adobe Analytics doesn't match the RSID in an image request.

If you've 100% verified the image request RSID matches the report suite you're trying to pull data from, open a new workspace project and bring the 'page' dimension. You should see at least 1 line item, with the value 's.landingPage'. This means the implementation is working.

The fact that you have some variable names when they should be variable values is an indicator that you've wrapped variables in quotes in your JS. You'll want to make sure the image requests are sending the variable values, not the variable names themselves.

Level 2

Thanks Gigazelle​ for the update,

Actually I had tried these variables/variableValues in my sample page code as a part of development, still no reports on the omniture dashboard:

//for s.server

s.server=window.location.hostname

s.server=window.location.host

s.server="company.sc.omtrdc.net"

//for s.pageName

s.pageName=“s.landingPage”

s.pageName=document.title

The s.events and s.channel remains same as strings

s.channel="Discover"

s.events="event1"

Here are the options that I had tried

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

/* You may give each page an identifying name, server, and channel on

the next lines. */

s.pageName="s.landingPage"

/*s.pageName=document.title*/

s.server=window.location.hostname

/*s.server=window.location.host*/

/*s.server="company.sc.omtrdc.net"*/

s.channel="Discover"

s.pageType=""

s.prop1=""

s.prop2=""

s.prop3=""

s.prop4=""

s.prop5=""

/* Conversion Variables */

s.campaign=""

s.state=""

s.zip=""

s.events="event1"

s.products=""

s.purchaseID=""

s.eVar1=""

s.eVar2=""

s.eVar3=""

s.eVar4=""

s.eVar5=""

var s_code=s.t();if(s_code)document.write(s_code)

</script>

Employee Advisor

Out of curiosity, why not use DTM? It is so much easier to implement Analytics, and legacy implementations are becoming increasingly obsolete.

Also, based on what I'm seeing, I don't see anything else that would impact data collection. In order to troubleshoot the issue any further, we will want a public URL that we can access to figure out exactly what's wrong.

Level 2

Guys I had resolved this issue with the help of adobe support, "s.timestamp" was the issue, we have to pass s.timestamp with the request. Thanks a lot julienp80647070​​btripple​​pabloc82923542Gigazelle