Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

☕‌📊‌[Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break] 12/15/21, 8am PT: Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics and Data Science📊‌☕

Administrator

Join us for our first Adobe Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, December 15th, 2021 @ 8am PT -  9am PT

Be sure to MARK YOUR CALENDARS with a link to this thread

We'll be joined by Eric Matisoff, aka @EricMatisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics and Data Science, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Analytics Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Analytics questions pertaining to his focus areas:

• Using Analysis Workspace
  • Applying features and functional needs
  • Analytics Tips and Tricks
  • Implementation
  • Web SDK

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Analytics
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Analytics Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @EricMatisoff 
  • When exchanging messages with Eric about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Eric

**Mark Your Calendars: Be sure to mark your calendars with a reminder to log in here to the Community on 12/15/21 @ 8am PT > from there, all you need to do is hop onto this thread and post your related questions to receive direct answers from Eric

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.19.58 AM.png

As the Evangelist for Data Science and Analytics at Adobe, Eric works with the best analytics products in the world and the best Adobe Analytics customers as well. My role at Adobe as an evangelist is to work with the analytics enthusiast. I’m here to help you better understand Adobe’s vision when it comes to data and analytics, to clear up any confusion that you may have about the Adobe Experience Cloud, and finally, to help spark and lead conversation about where our awesome industry is heading.

This is our second Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break! If you're curious about our other Adobe Experience Cloud Community Coffee Breaks, be sure to check out our past 2020 Adobe Target Coffee Breaks, as well as our latest and upcoming 2021 Adobe Campaign Coffee Breaks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

22 Replies

Level 1

Hi
what is the best way to feed in Adobe Analytics data into Tableau? ( not via third Party) 

Thanks 

Reza

Employee Advisor

Hi Reza,

Happy to help. There are a few ways to get data into Tableau but the most common way is probably via Data Warehouse. Here are is a doc to help you get started: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/data-warehouse/t-tableau.html?lang=en 

Enjoy!

Level 1

Real-time reporting, so helpful, but:

1. Need a view that does not have a filter, just most to least recent so I can see my analytics while I do them. Otherwise I would have to show up in the "most popular", "gainers", "losers" filter.
  2. It would also be good to be able to filter a dimention or add one I create so I can just see what I want to see and not be mixed in with everyone else (i.e., too noisy).
  3. It would also be good to adjust the number of items shown...it only shows like 15 items and quickly goes off the screen...would be good to select to see like 100 items.

Maybe there is a way to do real-time reporting somewhere else so I can see the results faster than just in the workspace and without asking admins to configure reporting settings just for me (because they probably won't).

thanks,

Mark

Employee Advisor

Great suggestions Mark! I've passed them along to our product team that is actually just in the middle of rethinking how Adobe does real time reporting. So the feedback is quite timely!

Level 2

This is a post originally from @RandyFloyd_ACS 

Wondering if you have any knowledge of a way for a user to duplicate (or edit) an existing report that was created by another user using the old "Extract Data" method in the Reports UI. I have a client that wants to give someone edit access to a report they created.

RandyFloyd_ACS_1-1639435279383.png

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Yeesh @RandyFloyd_ACS with the R&A Extract Data question!

I'm honestly not sure exactly whether this can be done because it's been literally years since I've logged into R&A to do anything besides Real Time reporting. I'm not sure that you can provide Edit access, but you should be able to Transfer Assets like this via https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/administration/user-management/tra... 

My *guess* is that Data Extracts would be included but I'm not 100% sure

Employee

Hi. One other thing which might be worth a try is to create a bookmark based off of the Data Extract report. Share the bookmark out publicly so the other use can load and then edit it. This, however, might only work from the create workflow, and not the edit workflow. Best of Luck! 

Brian

Employee Advisor

Ah Bookmarks... so fun. 

Another option @RandyFloyd_ACS would be to use something other than a Data Extract! Exists: Data Warehouse, Scheduled Reports from Workspace, Data Feeds

Randy: Data Extract?  

Level 2

This question comes from @sraj-nautilus  from the community

Q1) Does enabling Hit batching allows Analytics calls to queue both Online and Offline calls?

Q2) Does Hit batching reduces Adobe API server calls volume (not tracking calls volume)? 

(Would it save money on Adobe, as we have a limit to the number of server calls per year as part of the contract.)

Q3) Can i have a daily cronjob to force send any queued hits? If yes, How?

Q4) Can I restrict Hit batching to certain screens on the Mobile Apps? If yes, how?

Employee Advisor

Great questions @sraj-nautilus ! I've put answers in bold to make them easy to find

Q1) Does enabling Hit batching allows Analytics calls to queue both Online and Offline calls?

Yes! I believe this is to handle slow Internet connections, and the like.

Q2) Does Hit batching reduces Adobe API server calls volume (not tracking calls volume)? 

(Would it save money on Adobe, as we have a limit to the number of server calls per year as part of the contract.)

Hit batching does not affect server call volumes.

Q3) Can i have a daily cronjob to force send any queued hits? If yes, How?

No, although I don't believe this should be necessary.

Q4) Can I restrict Hit batching to certain screens on the Mobile Apps? If yes, how?

Technically you could do this by changing the setting at runtime on a per-page basis, though I don't think I've seen this done before.

Level 2

This question comes from from @JSP2 from the community

I read that the Mobile Services will reach end of life on 12/22.  Does this mean you  all implementation can be achieved using Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK through Launch?  What happens to all of the Mobile Apps we have set up in Mobile Services, once it is deprecated?

I started to use Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK through Launch to manage SDK, but I am still using Mobile Services to define my eVars, props, events to the context data.   I also read in some documentation that the "new" way to define mobile app variables is through processing rules in the Analytics UI. Is this correct?  Thanks in advance.

Employee Advisor

Hi @JSP2 - I have a few helpful pieces of documentation for you:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/mobile-services/using/eol.html?lang=en

and

https://spark.adobe.com/page/C6D30y09zaRpD/

You're correct that the standard for mapping evars/props/events from context data variables is via Processing Rules in Adobe Analytics. Personally, I find them more flexible and powerful than the Mobile Services UI. What's unclear from the docs (and I'm asking around right now in real time while sipping my coffee!) is whether you'll need to migrate the rules from Mobile Services to Processing Rules. Let ya know when I confirm!

Level 2

Hi Eric - any updates about migrating from Mobile Services to Processing Rules? We are about to begin the transition from our Mobile App report suite into the Web RS and I want to make sure I follow the right steps.  Thanks in advance.

Employee Advisor

Thanks for following up @JSP2 

I've just heard that:

In general, processing rules are not affected. But you will lose access to editing mobile services-created processing rules after the sunset date.

I read that as: there's no better time to migrate your rules from Mobile Services to Processing Rules than the present. Don't forget to QA with Real Time Reports and Griffon: https://experience.adobe.com/griffon 

Employee Advisor

oh hey @JSP2, I have a solid update for you on this one. I've inherited the Mobile Services docs, making sure that they have a nice and comfortable retirement. As a part of this, I've been kept in the loop regarding EOL notice stuff. This page should have everything you need:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/mobile-services/using/eol.html

In other words, we are migrating all Mobile Services processing rules to Adobe Analytics sometime soon. I've heard rumors that it could be as soon as the next couple months but will definitely be before the end of the year.

Level 2

This question comes from @Nivesh_J  the community

Please help me on implementing analytics tracking for Adaptive forms.

I tried by adding launch script in adaptive form but no use with that.

Employee Advisor

Hi @Nivesh_J - great question, happy to lead you in the right direction.

I'm not personally super familiar with Adaptive forms (I assume you're discussing the AEM capability), however, you should be able to utilize Launch to track interactions on the forms. I wouldn't expect there to be an automated, out-of-the-box tracking though. So you'll need to create form-specific rules depending on your tracking needs. (some documentation on rules here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/ui/rules.html?lang=en)

You'll see Event Types that are associated with Forms in your Rules, like these:

ericmatisoff_0-1639587432775.png

Hope that helps!