Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Working in Multiple Time Zones, Aligning Dates

Level 4

Hello!

I'm looking for some help on a time zone issue I'm not sure how to resolve... We have teams working in a variety of countries across multiple time zones. When a marketer in Singapore or Australia enters a project starting on May 1st, when I look at it, sitting in Washington, DC, should see it as April 30th because of the time zones. However, in reality it shows up as May 1st. Is there any way to account for this? Should I make sure each users time zone is set properly? Will that solve the problem?

Any advice or direction here is appreciated!

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Lia,

Time zones and browsers are tricky, but to start with, yes, I'd suggest you ensure that each user's Workfront timezone is set to their local timezone (i.e. the one that matches the timezone on their computer) which should then lead to the correct "moment" being stored within the Workfront database so that in turn, when you open the Projects they've entered, then see their (May 1st) entered time in your own local timezone (e.g. April 30).

Regards,

Doug

Level 4
Thanks, Doug! This is helpful, will have the team update and move forward from there! Lia Jakubowitz Amazon (30438)

Level 2
Hi Lia, Wanted to find out if this worked for you? I'm having the same sort of issue with tasks where the US Project Manager sets the date but the EMEA task owner sees it due the next day. I'm also trying to determine a best way to report on these specific tasks at a project level so open to hear how you're managing these. Thanks! Kathleen Kathleen Quan Workday

Level 10

Hi @Kathleen Quan‚ and @Lia Jakubowitz - if you want a more detailed explanation of how timezones work and things to watch out for, check out my post in another thread here:

https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3m0CAB/heres-a-weird-oneany-ideas-before-i-submit-a...

Happy to help if you have further questions.

Level 2
Thank you David! This is helpful and I'll share with my Project Managers who manage these projects to see how it goes! Regards, Kathleen Kathleen Quan Workday