Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Workfront Schedule Set, Yet Hours Being Applied to Weekends

Level 2

We have a default schedule set up for Mon-Fri working days, but some of the projects are spreading hours for certain resources onto Saturdays and Sundays.  This isn't consistent across all projects or resources, and I've now triple-checked the default schedule.  Does anyone know why this might be happening, and what we can do to prevent it from continuing to happen?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jlwmcknight - Is the schedule applied to all projects? It sounds like the Default Schedule is set, but maybe the schedule wasn't set on the projects themselves.

VictoriaLinn_0-1697490208302.png

Level 2

That's what I initially thought too, but I've cross-referenced a couple offender projects, as well as spot-checked a handful of other projects that are abiding by the schedule, and they all have the default schedule applied at the project level.

Community Advisor

Ah, gotcha, definitely a tricky one.

You said above it's only for certain resources. Are they in a different time zone? Thinking if the Default Schedule is in one time zone, then the users are in a different one, the workload balancer might be spreading the hours to weekends due to the time differences.

Level 2

Nope - everyone is within the same time zone too.  I'm really lost on this one, and appreciate your thoughts.

Community Advisor

That happens to us when a user enters time-off after a project task was already scheduled for them, and the project is set to "consider user time-off." Most of the time a quick bulk  recalculation of the project timelines fixes it for me. Have you already tried that?