Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront Proof not retaining location of edit?

Level 10
hi Proofing gang, I am experiencing an issue with two of my users that I need to submit to Workfront Proof, but it will be a bear to reproduce, so I want to first check and see if anyone here is experiencing the same issue. The issue is that occasionally Workfront Proof does not retain the location of the edit. Our reviewers are trained to use one of the mark-up tools, for example the text selection tool, to select the area of the page they need to have edited, and then comment and save the comment. The designer on the other side cannot find the markup and it takes more time to communicate and figure out what is going on. Here are the catches: 1) it doesn't happen every single time 2) it appears to be happening on proofs that have 100+ markups on them Because of this, I feel like if I am going to duplicate it for the support desk, I'm going to need to start generating hundreds of markups. It's fine, it's my job after all, but it's just... a bear. So. I'm asking, has anyone noticed anything, or already have a ticket open I can jump on? :) If it helps we are a group that mainly reviews PDFs generated in InDesign. I believe there are few layers. There are certainly images and color but it's not that complicated, we just do brochures and flyers and other marketing materials. -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4
Have not seen this, but was under the assumption that the text too is only used on PDF's -- Good luck on the reproduction Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.

Level 10
Correct, the text tool is being used on text from either Word docs or PDFs that have text in them. However, the issue also plagues other tools (not sure if I made that clear) so it really doesn't matter which one you use -- rectangle, highlight, etc. Thanks for checking in! I'll just get started... -skye