Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workfront Home Group

Level 1

I inherited a Workfront instance and when new users are added to our system, they automatically default to a Home Group called Information Services.   Can someone please tell me where this information is pulling from?   We have many groups in WF, so not sure why this is the default.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

our users automatically populate through SSO, and there's an instruction in our SSO settings to put them into a default home group.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

When doing this inside of Workfront: New users added to the system will default to the home group of the user adding the new person. 

If you are using Adobe Admin Console, I'm not sure if it's the same with that process or not. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

our users automatically populate through SSO, and there's an instruction in our SSO settings to put them into a default home group.

Level 3

@skyehansen, because SSO populates upon each login, what method do you use to prevent existing users from being inadvertently reassigned to the incorrect home group? This could be unique to my instance, but new accounts are currently populating by default to a Home Group with several existing users. I am trying to determine how to get all new users (but no existing users) to get reassigned to the Home Group we want. 

Community Advisor

@keegan_oconnor  There's a place in the SSO settings where you can specify which homegroup to put them in. Under the classic system (if you have not yet migrated to admin console) it's under Map User Attributes and you just select Home Group and choose a home group.

All of our users are added into one home group called "new users" for example.

From here, you can decide what you want to do with them. There are at least 3 alternatives, maybe more.

1) Use Fusion to perform some queries about the user and automatically reassign their home group based on your findings.

2) Run a report regularly and assign all users in the "new users" homegroup to another homegroup.

3) Tell all users to fill out a profile update request assigned to admins, and based on their answers, you'll know where to put them.

Level 3

We have migrated to the Admin Console. I would like to have all users assigned to a specific home group like what you've described. Getting to that beginning state is what I am currently having difficulty with.

New users are being assigned to a home group (and it's consistent, at least), but not to the correct low-access/general home group intended for this purpose. 

Are you using a mapping rule to assign users to that initial "New Users" home group, or is that how it's coming in? If you are, what method do you use to avoid the SSO from re-setting a user's home team to the general group once they've been reassigned to their appropriate home team?