Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Workfront for G Suite: Early Access

Level 5
I'm excited to announce that Workfront is getting ready to launch an early access program for our upcoming add-on for G Suite! The integration will allow you to connect to your most important work and collaborate with others while staying within your favorite G Suite applications. Connect to work from anywhere While staying within G Suite, drill into the details about the work to be completed. See the details like the due date and priority as well as custom forms, post new updates and mark things done with just a couple of clicks. Take action without switching context Email notifications can be immediately actioned without having to go into Workfront. This allows you to complete approvals, reply to Workfront comments, start working on new assignments and much more right from your inbox, to keep work moving forward. Connect emails to actionable work Simply click on an email and convert that email to a new task associated to a project, or post it to Workfront as a new update. You can also assign it to someone and set a priority. The email subject and content covert over automatically. "https://forms.gle/xSUxVGSCmaDnenN7A" ENROLL HERE! IMPORTANT: Please note that in order to install and use the add-on, you need to be part of Google's beta program for the new framework of G Suite add-ons. "http://g.co/gsuiteaddons" Click here to learn more and complete the sign-up form. See the new add-on in action: Hayk Falakyan Workfront
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 3
Beyond excited to play around with this @Hayk Falakyan ! Also, it's great to hear from you so soon after our call from last week. I filled out the form, but I had a quick question. You asked about the estimated number of users we want to have early access and I put down 6-10. Are we able to pick and choose who we give access to? That would be ideal so that I can have a small group of select users testing. Let me know if that's your thought. Thanks! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 5
Thanks for signing up, Brandon! Yes, you choose the users who will have early access. You'll need to create a new Google Group with your domain (@.com), add your users to that group and then share it with Google so they can enable access to the new add-ons framework. Only the members of the Google Group will have access to G Suite add-ons Beta program. Check the details "https://gsuite.google.com/campaigns/index__add-ons-beta.html" here . Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 3
Hayk, if our entire organization is already enrolled in the G-suite add-on Beta program, does that mean that our whole organization will have access when we get this 'early access'? If so, we'll just have to be proactive in communicating about the add-on. If we need to, we can create an additional group for the Workfront add-on. Also, when should we expect to have this early access? Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 5
I that case, you should be good to go :) I'm not sure whether all users will have access to the add-on or you'll be able to choose the participants, though. Google is still working on the details of their Beta program, including the distribution model of add-ons. I believe the distribution will be managed through Google Marketplace, and the G Suite admin will be able to enable or restrict access to add-ons for users. As for the timeline, Google is planning to launch the beta program in August, and so are we. Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 3
Great, thank you @Hayk Falakyan ! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 1
Does this integrate with google calendar?? So excited about this feature!!! Would love to see more closely how you can link emails to a project & task too. Will there be more videos? :D Brooke Baron SoFi

Level 5
You can access your task list in Calendar, post updates, change statuses etc., but the current version does not support contextual actions with Calendar events. It means you can't convert your events to tasks or updates in Workfront, for example. Hayk Falakyan Workfront