Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Workfront Event Subscription Monitoring, Error Handling and Alerting

Level 1

Hello, I'm creating a collection of Workfront Event Subscriptions to receive events from Workfront. I believe I looked through the documentation thoroughly and couldn't find information about monitoring your event subscriptions for failures and possible solutions for notifications when increased failures occur or a subscription has been disabled. The documentation does say, "Message delivery failure information is logged" but where and how do you access this? Also, can you set any kind of alerts for operational support? If messages are dropped within 48 hours, it important to be notified as soon as possible of errors.

Any expertise on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
D

6 Replies

Community Advisor

hi there,

what kind of subscriptions you have in mind? this isn't clear (at least for me)

if you want to subscribe for certain events related to system functionality you can do this here:

https://status.adobe.com/products/503490

Rafal_Bainie_0-1717433096318.png

OR maybe you mean something about Event subscription that can be e.g. used in Fusion? that is something completely different...

Level 1

Hi Rafal.

That I mean Workfront Event Subscriptions you create using the Workfront Subscription API.

Community Advisor

are you doing this with Fusion or some other system?

anyhow, in general, if events subscriptions mechanism fails, because of an outage I would still direct you to the page mentioned previously. This service is listed there and you can subscribe to receive notifications about any issues with ES

Rafal_Bainie_0-1717502438220.png

Other than that, for past few years I'm able to recall maybe 1 or 2 incidents with ES. It was quite reliable I would say

Level 1

No we are not using Fusion for this usecase. A custom webhook is being created to handle additional processing in house.

It makes sense to be alerted for service outages for ES and that's a good scenario to cover. This is more for the status of the service as a whole, correct? The Adobe Alerts for event subscriptions doesn't send alerts if just my event subscriptions are failing? maybe, based on a bug on my end or invalid configuration?

I am more concerned if my specific subscriptions are failing or are disabled. Scenarios could include a bug on my end, maybe its a network issues, invalid ES configuration, auth is rotated and not updated in the subscription. We wouldn't want to drop messages before we were aware of an issue. Second, We would want to know if an event subscription is disabled. Is there any way to detect the health of subscriptions and/or notify yourself in scenarios like this?

Community Advisor

sorry, I don't have experience with custom event subscriptions, I rely on Workfront and Fusion in that area. 

Level 1

You are an Adobe employee? Do you think you can get a SME for the product to respond to this thread? This question would be nice for others to have answers to.