Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use text mode to display a status name (In Progress) instead of a status (INP)?

Level 3

Basically I have a field in a report that requires the text mode.

But the output of this text mode is a task status code (e.g. INP)

But I'd like the report to show "In Progress" instead.

Anyone know how to achieve it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi MarTech

Not sure what object report you're building (i.e. Project, Task, etc), but most of these already have the option to show the spelled out Status for them. You want to make sure that you are choosing "Status", not "Status Icon," "Status Equates," etc. 

However, if you're not able to find this, or your object code doesn't have one. Here is text mode you could use. 

IF(CONTAINS("INP",{status}),"In Progress",IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}),"Complete"," "))

If you have custom statuses, just replace the three letter code for the ones you created. You can also string this text mode along as far as you want. Where I added the " ", just add in another IF(CONTAINS) Statement. 

If someone knows how to tighten this text mode, please respond. This is how I do it. Something about "old dogs, new tricks...."

Best,

Joaquin

If you found this helpful and can use the information, please mark this as correct to help others find the answer. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi MarTech

Not sure what object report you're building (i.e. Project, Task, etc), but most of these already have the option to show the spelled out Status for them. You want to make sure that you are choosing "Status", not "Status Icon," "Status Equates," etc. 

However, if you're not able to find this, or your object code doesn't have one. Here is text mode you could use. 

IF(CONTAINS("INP",{status}),"In Progress",IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}),"Complete"," "))

If you have custom statuses, just replace the three letter code for the ones you created. You can also string this text mode along as far as you want. Where I added the " ", just add in another IF(CONTAINS) Statement. 

If someone knows how to tighten this text mode, please respond. This is how I do it. Something about "old dogs, new tricks...."

Best,

Joaquin

If you found this helpful and can use the information, please mark this as correct to help others find the answer. 

Hi @JoaquinAv,

I do it your way too, but to your "tightening" query, thought of this alternative pattern:

valueexpression=REPLACE(REPLACE({project}.{status},"IDA","Idea"),"CPL","Complete")

Slightly shorter, and automatically reveals all unmapped {status} cases "as is" (which you could do the other way by replacing the final " " with {status}, so six one way, half a dozen the other.

Regards,

Doug