Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why are custom forms now all tied together in projects for missing required fields in Experience?

Level 5

The business by and large loves the new Experience, with one downside: custom forms all "see" each other in a project now, and you can't update one without needing to update all if there are multiple forms with fields that need to be filled out as part of the project that are marked as required.

To me, if Forms 1 and 2 both have required fields, and Form 1 is completed by a deisgner while 2 is completed by an MM, they should be able to update their data when it makes sense in the project.

I am off to see if there's an obvious setting I can turn off, but also sending an SOS into the community to crowdsource any answers you might have. We need to have these fields as required so removing that really isn't an option, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

that's kind of weird, because I always remember them as being tied together (so to speak).

Have you considered just using a report that they can inline edit? You could move those specific fields into a report (or two reports, one for form 1 and one for form 2) and put it (them) on a dashboard and put the dashboard on a custom tab (or whatever it is NWE calls that thing... custom section?).