Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Who builds your reports? Admins or users?

Level 2

Hello! I'm looking to get an idea of how other Workfront clients handle their incoming report requests. Do your system admins typically build all reports for the users or do you have some of your users trained on building reports on their own?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Admins.

Users don't have the in depth Workfront knowlege to be able to build reports that will display what they actually need.

General users will rarely know the difference between "plannedCompletionDate" and "dueDate", or "assignment" and "assignedTo," etc.

This will inevitably lead to them creating reports where they're not seeing what they think they're seeing.

Level 10

Admins. As others said, it's not that easy. Especially since many of the built-in fields we don't use and have custom fields of our own, various common fields that are calculation (text mode) fields, and built-in fields with odd/unintuitive names.

The users do quietly make custom views (and I often have to fix them), but I don't think anyone has tried a custom Report.