Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Where to Turn - Release Questions / Issues

Level 8
Hi all, How have you guys been getting answers to your release questions that come up after the webinars? I have a few questions about the new home area, specifically the data that's pulling in into the custom form fields I've customized via the layout template. (date fields aren't accurate) Should I be posting these questions here in the Global Discussions area? Is there a release discussion board? Or, should I contact someone at Workfront directly? Thanks! Sydney Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Syndey, In the webinars, the person presenting is often either the Workfront Product Manager of a particular feature or a member of the team. For best results, I'd suggest you contact Workfront and ask for a way to contact them directly. That said, although the Hats Do Change from time to time, perhaps Workfront could publish "the right person" for each of the major features, either as a slide in their presentations, or (to keep it current more easily) somewhere on the Workfront website. Heck, maybe it's there already, and I just haven't found it! @Tracy Smith is this something you could arrange for future webinars. And @Trae Winterton , could you own it? And @alison milbury could you promote it? Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Hi Doug and Sydney, I can't promise I'll be owning any whole new process anytime soon, but I can act as a connector for the time being. I need members of my team to hear from real customers regarding usability issues. I'm actually working with some people internally to get exactly what you're suggesting in place as a solution to a problem I'm trying to solve. That problem is how do I get the right information to the right people without taking on that administrative overhead. Part of solving this problem means getting you, the community as a whole, all on the same page of where to submit what feedback. The other part is getting us, Workfront as a whole, all on the same page of where to consume the feedback in a relevant manner. If anyone has a preference or opinion on how they think that should work from your side of things please speak up. I want to hear about it! As always, if you have frustrations with the product reach out to me. I can't fix it, but I can get the issue in front of the correct party. Trae Winterton Workfront

Level 7
@Trae Winterton in that case, I'd like to direct your attention to "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=151&MessageKey=27bb4a67-e900-42f3-8a8b-11845aefcd20&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fdiscussions%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3daaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567%26ReturnUrl%3d%252fdiscussions%252fcommunity-home%252fdigestviewer%253fCommunityKey%253daaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567">this thread regarding the new Home area, which will in turn direct you to "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=151&MessageKey=cd16adbd-546b-4369-9b94-e3cd96b2127e&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fdiscussions%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3daaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567%26tab%3ddigestviewer">summarized feedback from our in-house creative team who enlisted volunteers over a period of time to try out the new Home area in Preview. Thank you for your consideration! Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 10
IMO, feedback on new feature releases (which is timely, critical, and related to specific planned work) should be treated differently than feedback that goes into the idea exchange (suggestion based, not critical, for potential work), which is also different than the global discussion area. I would love to see a designated place to post / share feedback specifically related to new feature releases. It does not need to be an open forum the way this discussion area is, but I do want to know that my comments / feedback are actually getting to the correct WF folks. You guys spend a lot of time communicating changes to us, we spend a lot of time learning about and testing new features, but the missing piece related to new releases seems to be not having a clear means for communicating questions / issues/ feedback. Thanks! Steph Scherer .

Level 2
@Barbara Sedlack thank you for posting those links! I haven't read them as of this moment but will here in a few minutes. Based on the context you've presented I'm excited to hear exactly what your team had to say. @Steph Scherer I agree with you. I appreciate your thoughts on what that solution could look like. We are actively working on improving our feedback channels from our customers. I'm an important part of that, but not the solution in human form. We have other team members who are trying to figure out how they can most effectively get involved. We also have a few technical solutions available in this community, e.g. tagging, area's of interest, restructuring the idea exchange. We've not met in person so you'll have to trust me when I say creating highly functional channels of communication between our development teams and our customers is my sole focus. Trae Winterton Workfront