Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Extended Leave notification solution needed

Level 2
Apparently there is no way to send auto replies (like out of office replies in Outlook) through the Workfront system. I'll be leaving for maternity leave soon and am hoping someone else has come up with a good solution for this. Support suggested I deactivate myself for my leave so I can not be tagged in the system, however, I feel this is a poor solution for a few reasons. 1) I want to be able to check in from time to time and I don't want my colleagues to have to reactivate and deactivate me each time I need to check in 2) I don't want to confuse our requestors who are not very system savy that may try to tag me and will get discouraged if they can't 3) I can turn on all email notifications so when people tag me for any reason in the system, it goes to my outlook then they get the out of office bounce back from Outlook - however, that would require I go through an extra excessive amount of emails when I return (also not ideal). Any suggestions? Jenna Horton The Jackson Laboratory
4 Replies

Level 7
Congrats @Jenna Horton ! I guess this means we won't be seeing you at Leap this year? Here's a simple option -- you can add text to your first or last name -- e.g. change your last name to "Horton -- on maternity leave" so when anyone tries to tag you, that will show up. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 2
Hi @Barbara Sedlack Sadly, no LEAP for me this year. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if I can get that to work. We use SSO here at my company so it may be an issue with the info that pulls from my HR database to create user accounts. I'm hoping that with my Admin status I can get around this. Great work around! Hope to see everyone at next years show! -Jenna Jenna Horton The Jackson Laboratory

Level 2
Seems to be working - you're a genius! Jenna Horton The Jackson Laboratory

Level 7
I'm glad to hear it! @Polly Co gets the credit for creative problem solving on this one! Good luck and hopefully see you at next year's Leap! Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group