Expand my Community achievements bar.

What to do with unresolved comments?

Level 10
hi folks, I would love to hear from you if you have (and how you deal with) regular situations where someone has made so many comments on a proof that: a) it has to go back for edits; but b) not all the comments have been resolved yet. I regularly get situations here where we send out a proof for review to one or a group of reviewers, and before it goes to the next set of reviewers they want to make changes so that the next set of reviewers has something pretty to look at. So that's when we get a situation where proof version 1 has a comment that hasn't been addressed, and proof version 2 is the version that the next set of reviewers looks at. Do you have any workflows or training in place that indicate whose responsibility it is to move the comment from proof 1 to proof 2, and what's the easiest way to do that? Or does your training indicate to your next set of reviewers that they need to look through previous proofs for unresolved comments in some way? Or.... other?? Is there some sort of feature request in the Idea Exchange that I can upvote about moving a previous proof comment up a layer to the next proof version? Some sort of copy/paste thing? Some sort of "move all unresolved comments" feature? If so, please feel free to send me a link to it and I will vote for whatever you want! Thanks as always and happy friday! -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2
Skye - This is a great scenario to bring up and I am sure many face this same thing. We were having similar issues and had to review our routing rules to make sure we could address all comments. I guess my question back would be why are there unresolved comments? Are there questions that the second set of reviewers need to answer? What we had to do to solve for this is we route the proof to a set of reviewers. The person that is responsible for routing resolves all of the comments and posts a second version for the second group of reviewers. We did have to make sure that if questions were posted on the proof that the person POSTING the question was also responsible for getting the answer. We were spending too much time having the Production team track down answers. Hope this helps! Shelly Long Pier 1 Imports

Level 10
Thanks for the kind response, Shelly. The reason there are unresolved comments is because of the way we organize our workflow. The first set of reviewers is responsible for looking for very specific things (not everything). If their proof markups are extensive it would go back to the designer before going to the second set of reviewers (the SMEs). Occasionally the first set of reviewers have a question that only the second set of reviewers can answer, and the designers then end up with this question that they cannot act on. My concern is that with all the reviews floating around (approx 200 per month), there's not a very good way to track something that is unresolved. My team either has to come up with a manual process of checks and balances (this is mainly what I'm asking for on this forum), or I guess I'm asking the question to Workfront of "why is there no automatic way to make unresolved comments float up to the next proof version or make themselves more visible in some way" :) Thanks again, -skye

Level 1
We have the same issue and would love to have a way to copy unresolved comments to the next version. Right now I have to manually copy and paste. Linda Meyers Heifer International

Level 1
We have the same issue and would find it very helpful if the unresolved comments carried over to the next versions. We also find it cumbersome to have to review each version to see who has approved and who hasn't before forwarding the next version for approvals. We don't always need to send to everyone again - our approval turnaround time is very tight. Laura Antos

Level 3
Hello! We have posted in the idea center the solutions for this issue. Please go vote! https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhaCAAS/detail Vanessa Tripp BCBST