Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

What's the key to predecessors automatically renumbering themselves if a task is removed?

Level 5

Or, put another way: It seems to work sometimes and sometimes not. I am trying to look up settings that may help, but mostly I want to see if there are tips/tricks people have used to minimize the manual overhead of retyping in a dozen or so predecessors each time tasks get moved around/added/deleted.

Thanks in advance as always,

Ryan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Curious about how the magic works as well…

Employee

Hi Ryan,

I asked support to see if they could send an answer and they said they'd need to see a little bit more information to dig in, so you might need to submit a case with more examples to dig in and they can help see where the magic comes from and explain things a bit more.

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 3

I believe there is a project level setting that causes this to happen. Since it only happens sometimes, I would suggest that it likely is only set on SOME projects and not others. I can't remember what that setting is and I am trying to find it myself.

Level 10

Please share back to us if you figure this out!