Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What is the easiest way to Bulk edit over 700 projects to change actual completion date?

Level 2

I have tried making current and adding form and completing - doesn't trigger date change.

is there a way to bulk add a one task template and set it to complete? I REALLY REALLY don't want to manually go into each project and add a task and complete.

and No we do not have fusion =(

help???

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

here's a bare minimum kickstart file. You don't need a lot of info going in there. Probably just add a planned completion date or whatever. Try it with one task and see if you can get it to work.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @TegwynSt1,

If these 700 projects were all originally based upon a common Template, I invite you to consider:

• create a filter that returns those 700 projects
  • adding the new Template Task to the Template
  • use our Sync Template solution to automatically push that new Template Task to all of those 700 projects
  • if all 700 then need the same Actual Completion date, do so with a filter and Bulk Update
  • if each of the 700 have unique Actual Completion dates, do so using our Excel Updater solution

Regards,

Doug 

If I had to guess who I might hear from on this it would be you and Skye lol.

Thank you Doug - we are over budget right now as it is but I will take a look - whatever we do it has to be done early next week.

Community Advisor

Can you use a kickstart to add the task?

Level 2

Hi Skye! - this seems promising? but I haven't had much practice using them. I'll have to do a little research.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

here's a bare minimum kickstart file. You don't need a lot of info going in there. Probably just add a planned completion date or whatever. Try it with one task and see if you can get it to work.

Level 2

Thank you Skye!!!!

I tested it out in sanbox and it worked PERFECTLY!!!

I can't tell you how excited I am to use this today in production and let the magic free me of over probably 10 hours of tedious manual task adding and completing!

Level 2

@ChristinaJay  I am doing in batches but date didn't matter to me, as long as it was "now" or "this week" for an automation to pick them up.

Level 4

I use an excel file similar to what Doug suggested - I paste the project #s into a column and through concatenation and what not it will give me the text mode for the filter. Then I just edit in bulk. 

If you think that would be helpful, happy to share.

Level 2

Thank you but the kickstart skye suggested worked like magic!