Expand my Community achievements bar.

Locking filters for specific user groups to prevent changes

Level 1

Is it possible with the new filter system (not the legacy one) to create a filter which can be locked, so no changes can be made by specific user groups (e.g. disabling the filter or changing the criteria)

The goal is to create a view for specific user groups, which restricts them from seeing entries where they are not assigned to.

Example:

The set filter - made by an admin - is only showing

1. Tasks which contain the word "PROD" (e.g. PRODUCTION of Asset A, PRODUCTION of Asset B, ...)

2. Tasks which are assigned to user group "Agency"

In words:

A specific user group (e.g. "Agency") can only see Tasks in a project where they have been assigned to.

They cannot edit the filter criteria or deactivate the filter.

A Task which has been assigned to "Agency" would appear in the list, A task assigned to "Project Manager" would not appear in the list.

jo_wi_0-1725978155560.png

In other platforms this is called "conditional permissions". I search for something similar in Adobe Workfront.

Thanks, BR

1 Reply

Level 10

You can do this with Layout templates and Access Rules.

None of my users can create or modify Filters, Views or Groupings. Allowing non-tech users to create or modify these is a really bad idea. We also assign filters, views and groupings according to Layout Templates assigned to the user's role.

In short, each user can see only what the admin allows them to see on any report.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas